Florida 28 Kentucky 27

16thBBall Fan

Does it matter if the coaches see it or not? The players on the field are the ones that can do anything about it.

The point could expand out to note that there has to be point (or should be a point) where the players on the field control the situation. They should check things like - do we have 11 players on the field? Are they in the right positions? Is there coverage over top of all receivers?

The fact that this sort of on-the-field checklist routine does not seem to exist could be the sign of a basic issue.

We know that defenses all the way down to middle school are trained to recognize things like trips or a wide out who has gone well outside the corner. Yet - as noted - the corner missed that there was a receiver on his outside and uncovered. Basic stuff.

The defense in the second uncovered receiver was just in pure chaos.

If a defense can not adjust itself and ensure its got the basics (literally) covered then there is what would appear to be a broader problem. Because we see middle school and high school defenses make adjustments without coaches micromanaging them from the sidelines.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point could expand out to note that there has to be point (or should be a point) where the players on the field control the situation. They should check things like - do we have 11 players on the field? Are they in the right positions? Is there coverage over top of all receivers?

The fact that this sort of on-the-field checklist routine does not seem to exist could be the sign of a basic issue.

We know that defenses all the way down to middle school are trained to recognize things like trips or a wide out who has gone well outside the corner. Yet - as noted - the corner missed that there was a receiver on his outside and uncovered. Basic stuff.

The defense in the second uncovered receiver was just in pure chaos.

If a defense can not adjust itself and ensure its got the basics (literally) covered then there is what would appear to be a broader problem. Because we see middle school and high school defenses make adjustments without coaches micromanaging them from the sidelines.

Right, I mean the receiver stood over there and clapped to get the QB's attention, how does the 11 on the field miss that.

I've read the entire thread (..rather quickly I might add) and did not see one comment about the BEST thing at this game. The stadium fans were FANTASTIC!!!!! A truly packed and great crowd at the game. Even tailgaters (or tailgators??) were early and vocal. Stadium was packed 'til the end. A truly tough loss for Stoops and crew.

A reminder that if the Cats can ever start winning games like this, the fan base is there. Just have got to get it done, at least more often than in the past.

Lets keep it rolling. Could be 5-1 when Miss State rolls into to town and maybe another good crowd will roll in!

This will get you beat almost every time.

Gran & Stoops have done a great job of developing/training players, but when we get a lead in the 2nd half, we mismanage them.

It's like training a bunch of special forces and setting them loose to deftly fool the opponents and score at will, but in the 2nd half turning them over to General Pickett to pig-headedly perform a frontal assault into a solid defense.

Kentucky went into the prevent offense. You can't melt the clock for an entire quarter in football. It was ridiculous. All they had to do was keep playing football. They were the better team and still played like heavy underdogs trying to escape. As long as they have that mentality and that lack of trust for players, they will never win this kind of game.

I see a lot of a saltiness in this thread. Nothing we can do to change the outcome yet everyone's has their opinion on what they could've done better. No one is perfect, players make mistakes, coaches make mistakes. It's a game of close calls and fun. I as a fan, was devasted. I as a wildcat, was confused by some of the mistakes we made in this game. But not once did I question Coach Gran or Stoops because they have turned this program around. We are complaining about losing to a top 25 Florida by one point. I'll take that anyday over complaining about if we are going to win a game this season.

Now, some of you guys may be at game this Saturday. I applaude you for the support. That's all we need at this point. Nothing we can do about the Florida game .

I see a lot of a saltiness in this thread. Nothing we can do to change the outcome yet everyone's has their opinion on what they could've done better. No one is perfect, players make mistakes, coaches make mistakes. It's a game of close calls and fun. I as a fan, was devasted. I as a wildcat, was confused by some of the mistakes we made in this game. But not once did I question Coach Gran or Stoops because they have turned this program around. We are complaining about losing to a top 25 Florida by one point. I'll take that anyday over complaining about if we are going to win a game this season.

Now, some of you guys may be at game this Saturday. I applaude you for the support. That's all we need at this point. Nothing we can do about the Florida game .

I respect your opinion and you make some valid points. Fact remains, Florida is not very good and KY should have won the game. We lost at home to a team that kinda sucks. And that sucks!!!

This attitude is why UK will never be more than just an average program.