Florida 28 Kentucky 27

16thBBall Fan

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many mistakes were made everywhere (Coaching Staff, DB's, Center, Tackling etc...). I feel bad for Stephen Johnson too. He was having the game of his life and the staff just took the game out of his hands. UK can't let his turn in to 2 losses. Back to work and try to recover mentally and it's gonna be tough. Coaches, take a look in the mirror. It's on you.

Why is the center getting a free pass? He cost them at least 3 points.

That's on Schlarman: his inability to teach snapping the ball, and/or his inability to evaluate his personnel & determine who can truly do the job. This is the 4th game this has happened.

Unforgivable.

Coaches are responsible for their team!!! Right or wrong. Just the way it is!!!!

Unfortunately,i have been there myself as a head coach. Learn and move on.

This is the issue where many of us have our doubts. Especially on the philosophical level: trying to eat up the clock too early, and not continuing what got you into the lead in the first place.

While there were many coaching issues in this game which don't all fall on Stoops, Kentucky would have been a 35 point underdog in this game prior to Stoops being hired. To be honest if the offensive play calling hadn't became so conservative the cats would have won this one. That's not on Stoops. Kentucky went away from what was working on offense after building a 13 point lead and tried to just run the clock. I can't stand it when teams/coaches do that whether it's football or basketball, it's just a terrible idea. You should always play to win, not play to win then get conservative and play to not lose. Most teams that do that end up losing or at least turning it into a game that could be lost.

That IS on Stoops. He hired Gran, and presumably agrees with/approves of going WAY too conservative too early in the game.

It was Gran's philosophical decision-making, and Stoops approving it.

I agree, but it probably worked out better they left more time on the clock. It was clear they were going to score. I’d rather have a chance than be left with 10 seconds.

In fact, poor coaching by UF. Burn some clock before you call that TO. It's 3rd & 1 inside your 10 and you have 3 TOs. Why call a TO early in the play clock at 0:43?