Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do confederate statues bother you?

Do Confederate statues bother you? 50 members have voted

  1. 1. Do Confederate statues bother you?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

The BGP poll matching polls commissioned by PBS and NPR. Even 44% of Democrats said to leave the monuments alone. 44% of black Americans said to leave them alone as well.

 

Cant trust the polls, remember?

 

And 44% of what black people? That ain't true regardless of how much they want it to be. :lol2:

  • Replies 140
  • Views 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people here pretty adamant about clinging to our country's racist history. Not surprising, unfortunately.

I'm sure they do. My point is that we can't wring our hands over things we can't control.

 

I agree. That's why I am offended so many came from outside of Charlottesville and their community. It's up to their city to decide the fate of a local statue, not outsiders.

I'm seeing a lot of stuff locally about removing a Confederate statue at Perryville.

 

I guess I'm in the minority who just doesn't care about anything. I don't get worked up over stuff like statues. I guess I'm just not passionate about such things.

I'm seeing a lot of stuff locally about removing a Confederate statue at Perryville.

 

I guess I'm in the minority who just doesn't care about anything. I don't get worked up over stuff like statues. I guess I'm just not passionate about such things.

 

Is there one in the Perryville Cemetery? The only one I recall is in the park and is not a local jurisdiction I would think.

Is there one in the Perryville Cemetery? The only one I recall is in the park and is not a local jurisdiction I would think.

 

It's at the battlefield. I was just over there a few weeks ago and didn't really care if it was Confederate, Union or alien. We just wanted to get the Pokestop.

The second Civil war is happening right before our eyes.

Except one was validated by victory and the other was not.

 

I disagree with this. Had the south won, they would've been no less traitorous towards the United States. I don't see victory as being a validation of one's actions.

I am not black so I guess I really do not understand but does a statue really bother people??? I am guessing that prior to this latest uproar that no one knew of or gave a rats behind about these statues. But now the cool thing to do is be upset about these statues. I really could not care less on whether they are removed or kept right where they are. They will be old news here in a few weeks as a new hot button item comes to light.

I am not black so I guess I really do not understand but does a statue really bother people??? I am guessing that prior to this latest uproar that no one knew of or gave a rats behind about these statues. But now the cool thing to do is be upset about these statues. I really could not care less on whether they are removed or kept right where they are. They will be old news here in a few weeks as a new hot button item comes to light.

 

They pop up all the time in one place or another. Recent events have certainly built up to a roar across the country, but every once in a while a new one will pop up about a monument or a display of the confederate flag or a name on a building. These battles have been fought on small stages for years now.

They pop up all the time in one place or another. Recent events have certainly built up to a roar across the country, but every once in a while a new one will pop up about a monument or a display of the confederate flag or a name on a building. These battles have been fought on small stages for years now.

 

I haven't heard of it happening but maybe it does.

Also people need to learn the difference between racist and prejudice.. just sayin'

Didnt read every word of these 7 pages but its been a great read . I voted " no" but on further thought I think I might be open to a 3rd option of moving them to a historical location or a museum . But it wont stop the hate in peoples hearts , they will move onto the next hot topic being fed to the sheep by CNN and NBC , and others .

 

The hate in who's hearts?

 

CNN & NBC are not known as networks siding with racists?

No they side with the other group hating America.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.