Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do confederate statues bother you?

Do Confederate statues bother you? 50 members have voted

  1. 1. Do Confederate statues bother you?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Their cause would have been validated via victory. However they, thankfully, lost and as such are not heroes of a new nation, rather they are traitors to the old.

 

They committed treason and were lucky that Lincoln had the foresight to reconcile them as opposed to occupy and execute those who took up arms against the US.

 

Their actions should be remembered in museums, on battlefields, and on historic sites. They should not be celebrated on public lands otherwise.

 

I don't think victory would validate a cause. If Hitler would have won WWII, I don't think it validates his cause. I don't disagree with you that those that fought for the south were traitors to the country. Perhaps I'm wrong but I took it that you were stating that the founding fathers were not traitors towards England because they won the war. I disagree, regardless of how noble their ideas may have been they did betray their country.

 

That being said while the confederates were traitors, I don't think that general public saw themselves as such, much as the revolutionary fighters didn't see themselves as traitors either. I feel like at that point in our countries history many people were still more loyal to their state than the federal government as a whole.

  • Replies 140
  • Views 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have been not 1 black person was there.

 

It seriously was close to 50/50 at the park for the laser show.

A high school friend of mine wrote this on facebook. He is a Black and his wife is Black and Korean.

 

"Words of wisdom: My mom's uncle is 104 years old still with a sound mine. Still drives a caddy(2012) and he still preaches at the same church that he founded 70 plus years ago in Daleville, Al. Whenever I want to slow down and just shoot the breeze, I always give him a call. The conversation always starts the same way, "Boy are you saved yet, I got this vision of you coming and preaching at my church". I always laugh it off and tell him that he'll loose all him members if I preach. Anyway let me cut to the chase. The other day he called me to ask about what I thought about all this mess going on with the Confederate monuments. I told him that I'd prefer they be taken off public land and put in a museum. He told me that he would not pay to see them in a museum, but he loves walking by them when he goes to the courthouse to pay his water bill. I asked why, and he told me because he becomes so joyful when he thinks of where our family started out and where we are today. He said one day while passing by one of those monuments he became so happy that he was taken over by the Holy Ghost and danced for 20 minutes. He said we are all living proof of how wrong they were. He said he carries no ill will against no man. He also said he looks forward to one when he's in heaven having a conversation with some of those old boys and telling them how wrong they were. His final words of wisdom on that day was, "Son, always keep your gun close by, but don't waste no bullets on a dead man. You are all the proof I need to know that we won. Now go on and keep making me dance." Yes sir I will.

It seriously was close to 50/50 at the park for the laser show.

 

 

I wasn't at a special event. Probably just a normal day at the park. Played the golf course too. Nice track

Did you miss the SC State Capital Flag controversy a few years ago?

 

No I don't remember that.

Same here - No Politics

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.