Is Vulgar Music Appropriate at 11- Year Old Little League Baseball Games ???

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been to LL games all over the state but I wouldn't be surprised if there was similar music played at LL fields all over the state.

That music is so inappropriate. Isn't there a LL commissioner who oversees these games? Did you ask around about the music? You know I would have. :taz:

I can really dig some hip-hop, but a lot of it with its unoriginal unimaginative redundancy can really get on my nerves, and especially now with the new trend of song after song having that same...

.... 4 two syllable words in a row, (beats) 4 two syllable words in a row, (beats), 4 two syllable words in a row (beats)

..... over and over and over....

A g-rated version would go something like this:

....Paper, Scissors, Rocky, Paper ...... Scissors, Rocky, Paper, Paper.....Rocky, Paper,Scissors, Rocky,......Scissors, Paper, Rocky, Paper....(with rhythmic attitude of course)

... I really don't know how else to describe it, but if everyone is doing it, how original is that? It's just plain annoying and stupid.

As far as playing tunes filled with vulgarities for 11 year olds at their LL baseball game, yes, they really need to chill that out. :no:

Have that go off as your ring tone during a church finance committee meeting when your wife calls and see if it still doesn't feel a bit risqué.

My ring tone for my wife is "Let's Get It On." :lol2:

I'm afraid it's more common than not. My grandson was playing in a Mighty Mites football game in Pinellas Park (St. Pete/Clearwater area) and some of the bumper music was a bit risque.

At one point, my daughter looked up at the press box and said, "Really?", then proceeded to go up there and read them the riot act. She's such a shy thing. I don't remember the name of the song and I'm not a big hip-hop guy, but we never heard it again.

I'm afraid it's more common than not. My grandson was playing in a Mighty Mites football game in Pinellas Park (St. Pete/Clearwater area) and some of the bumper music was a bit risque.

At one point, my daughter looked up at the press box and said, "Really?", then proceeded to go up there and read them the riot act. She's such a shy thing. I don't remember the name of the song and I'm not a big hip-hop guy, but we never heard it again.

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when she read them the riot act! I can only imagine! :lol2:

How so? I think a lot of folks have some misconceptions about the town and its people. The townsfolk usually answer the kind of comments like the one you made with , "They're just jealous." Do you really think London is that different from Corbin?

Trust me, no one is jealous of Corbin.

Corbin's better than thou attitudes is what makes Corbin despisable.

OK, I will go on a bit of an old man rant here. Please .... tell me when and where it is appropriate to play vulgar music in a public setting. If you are having a party at your house, play what you want. If you are playing music that hits the ears of the general public, no go on the vulgarity.