The (not British anymore) Open Championship

Spieth orchestrated a 30 minute recovery. Remember he could have simply taken a penalty and hit from the tee again. Apparently that wasn't an option! He had those course umpires/judges heads spinning while contemplating his options as to where he could drop. At one point I thought he was going to have them move the RVs... :lol2:

He then proceeds to birdie the next 4 holes and he missed a hole in one on the par 3 by inches. Once he sunk the short birdie putt based on his reaction and confidence. There was no catching him.

Kuchar is just too nice of a guy and lacks Spieths inner-fire. Spieth just wanted it that much more. Kooch looked like he needed a port-o-let after many shots yesterday. He struggled with a lot of his approaches yesterday resulting in few opportunities for birdies to take a lead.

I will add that for a 23 year old to handle himself the way he did in the post win speech was very impressive. Our country has a new young ambassador of golf in Jordan Spieth. Look out Golden Bear, there may be a new sheriff in town???

Time will tell...

In the meantime it was great to have watched 2 very good American golfers improve on their scores and battle. It burns the Brits up when the Americans steal the show and win their Open!

Agreed, mistaking Kuchar's calm demeanor for a lack of fire, would, in my opinion, be a mistake.

AGREED....however Spieths fire, as well as, composure and approaches were better hence the win. Kooch hasn't won a major with 7 PGA wins under his belt at 39 yrs old. I was on my couch yelling for a Kuchar win. Would like to see it happen sooner rather than later.

Spieth is special is my point, and the following years to come will shed more light on that!

They were talking about Ernie Els playing a practice round with him and Ernie comparing Spieth favorably to Tiger.

He's got 3 majors at a younger age than Tiger, I'd love to see him go on a Tiger like tear for a few years.

Tiger, Jack and Arnie are my favorite golfers but Rory and Jordan are really close to joining the team for me.

Spieth orchestrated a 30 minute recovery. Remember he could have simply taken a penalty and hit from the tee again. Apparently that wasn't an option! He had those course umpires/judges heads spinning while contemplating his options as to where he could drop. At one point I thought he was going to have them move the RVs... :lol2:

He then proceeds to birdie the next 4 holes and he missed a hole in one on the par 3 by inches. Once he sunk the short birdie putt based on his reaction and confidence. There was no catching him.

Kuchar is just too nice of a guy and lacks Spieths inner-fire. Spieth just wanted it that much more. Kooch looked like he needed a port-o-let after many shots yesterday. He struggled with a lot of his approaches yesterday resulting in few opportunities for birdies to take a lead.

I will add that for a 23 year old to handle himself the way he did in the post win speech was very impressive. Our country has a new young ambassador of golf in Jordan Spieth. Look out Golden Bear, there may be a new sheriff in town???

Time will tell...

In the meantime it was great to have watched 2 very good American golfers improve on their scores and battle. It burns the Brits up when the Americans steal the show and win their Open!

One of those was an eagle on the par 5. Amazing stretch of golf.