What Major Holiday is Your Favorite & Which One Could You Do Without?

Science Friction

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoys most of the holidays. I could do without Halloween and Valentine's Day but those aren't really the traditional holidays anyway. I mean, you don't get a day off from work for them like the others.

Christmas is okay but I always dread the commercial part of it, trying to guess what kind of gifts to buy, the aggravation of shopping and large crowds in stores.

I suppose my favorite is the week leading up to New Years because of all the college bowl games.

The entire months of November & December generally feel like a party to me – LOL…. love the excitement of Thanksgiving & Christmas. Plus HS & College basketball starting, and college football season ending!

If I was forced to choose one to eliminate… probably Memorial Day.

Loud bangs in the middle of the night while trying to get a baby to sleep...Yeah, that gets annoying real quick. :lol2:

In a few years that little one will be buggin' Daddy to take him to watch the parade and set off fireworks. Comes with the territory young man. :D

The 4th is one of my faves. Along with Labor Day and Thanksgiving and Christmas. Are you starting to see a pattern here. Anything tied in with cookouts or eating good meals is at the top. I could do without Presidents day and M.L.K. day.

Y'all are crazy, Halloween is a blast!

Seeing the kids get ecstatic, giving out candy, pumpkins everywhere, football on the brain, types of beer you haven't had in over a year. I love it all.

I do love that time of year. Plus, I know how the little kids love it. For those reason's, I wouldn't scrap it.

Major holidays to me are Federal Holidays. Valentines Day and Halloween (while fun) don't count. Thanksgiving - just because I'm happy and thankful for what I have. Christmas - grateful. Memorial Day because it's remembering all service men and women who gave it all. July 4th - I thank God I live in America.

Working for a retailer i could do without all of the holidays, but tend to like Easter and Thanksgiving because food is involved and usually weather is cool. Loathe what has become the first of the month redneck summer holidays that are the 4th and Labor Day. Only good things about those holidays are school is a month or so away from starting after the 4th(still not soon enough) and after Labor Day the humid summer's around here are nearing a long awaited end for me and football is beginning