Bracken County Igloo gets a facelift

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Nothing like playing on rocks to make you tough! The football field could really use some work. Those kids deserve better.

I was surprised when I was there. They got the brand new gym floor, fancy new track, and still no football field improvements!

I was surprised when I was there. They got the brand new gym floor, fancy new track, and still no football field improvements!

The gym floor isn't technically new. It is supposed to be sanded and resurfaced every 10-15 years but it ended up being 20. I'm sure the athletic director and a growing interest in football will push for the administration and school board to make improvements in the football field.

The gym floor isn't technically new. It is supposed to be sanded and resurfaced every 10-15 years but it ended up being 20. I'm sure the athletic director and a growing interest in football will push for the administration and school board to make improvements in the football field.

It would be nice if they would put visitor seats on the other side of the field for opposing fans and those of us that just want to watch the game and not have to listen to who's kid isn't getting the ball enough,what's wrong with the Coach,etc.,etc.

[/b]

It would be nice if they would put visitor seats on the other side of the field for opposing fans and those of us that just want to watch the game and not have to listen to who's kid isn't getting the ball enough,what's wrong with the Coach,etc.,etc.

If I get over there for a game we can sit/stand together. I'll buy you a hot dog. And one for any other BC BGPers that care to be seen with me.

[/b]

That would be hard because there's a holler ok either side of the field. Improvements will surely come though. Bracken County has a fairly decent field compared to other schools that have only had football for a little over a decade.

That would be hard because there's a holler ok either side of the field. Improvements will surely come though. Bracken County has a fairly decent field compared to other schools that have only had football for a little over a decade.

I wonder how many schools have their track around the football field? Maybe the majority ,don't know. You could really do a lot if it was elsewhere, kinda like Mason County has their's. Am sure space is limited though

I wonder how many schools have their track around the football field? Maybe the majority ,don't know. You could really do a lot if it was elsewhere, kinda like Mason County has their's. Am sure space is limited though

I prefer the track around the soccer field and not the football field if there is an option, but many schools don't have that opportunity. I know Bracken County's facilities look to sit on ridges with steep valleys on either side, which would certainly make things tough from a design standpoint.