Bracken County Igloo gets a facelift

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The story I remember hearing was that the team was practicing outside on a court that used to be located in front of the old high school. Not sure why they were out there, but it was a really cold day. Someone commented that the team was a bunch of Polar Bears and I guess it stuck.

Don't know if that's the legit story, but that's what I grew up hearing.

You're far more expert in this area than me. But I was told that the Brooksville High School Bears practiced/played in an old tobacco barn and someone (maybe a reporter, maybe Rupp himself, who once offered an entire class of Bears) said, "the gym is so cold you ought to call them Polar Bears!

You're far more expert in this area than me. But I was told that the Brooksville High School Bears practiced/played in an old tobacco barn and someone (maybe a reporter, maybe Rupp himself, who once offered an entire class of Bears) said, "the gym is so cold you ought to call them Polar Bears!

I'm no expert. :lol2: That's just what I heard when I was a kid.

I think I heard it in Hal's Barber Shop, so it probably isn't true.

I'm no expert. :lol2: That's just what I heard when I was a kid.

I think I heard it in Hal's Barber Shop, so it probably isn't true.

Hal's barber shop had it half true probably. Sort of like his haircuts. Ok, half of the time. The other times??? Ehhhh

I was wondering the same. Hopefully it's temporary. :lol2:

The story I remember hearing was that the team was practicing outside on a court that used to be located in front of the old high school. Not sure why they were out there, but it was a really cold day. Someone commented that the team was a bunch of Polar Bears and I guess it stuck.

Don't know if that's the legit story, but that's what I grew up hearing.

When did you grow up? Over the summer?