Tropical Storm Cindy (Invest 93L)

nWo

What's the amount totals looking like for southeast Kentucky? With our hills and hollows it can get a little troublesome carrying excessive amounts of water.

I took just a quick glance. The NAM looks like 2-3" in SEKY. The GFS says about the same. Let me say this if the system shifts to the south, and it won't take much of a shift you could be looking at anywhere from 4-6" of rain.

With excessive rain coming, is there any chance this would affect flights out of CVG on Saturday morning?

I wouldn't be surprise at all if flights being delayed CVG is looking at around 3" of rain.

Edited by nWo

Wednesday evening update.

Starting Thursday afternoon parts of western Kentucky could see strong to severe storms from the remnants of Cindy. The severe threat then moves eastward on Friday. The Storm Prediction Center has parts of Kentucky on both days in a Marginal Risk Area for strong to severe storms.

day2otlk_1730.gif

thursday.gif

day3otlk_0730.gif

friday.gif

Parts of Kentucky are now in a Moderate Risk Area for rain fall exceeding flash flood criteria on Friday. Parts of western and southcentral Kentucky could receive upwards to 7" of rain by late Friday night. There appears to be a wide swath of 3-5" of rain for the rest of Kentucky. Southeast Kentucky 1-2". All of this depends on the final path of the storm. This looks to be a life threatening situation for some parts of Kentucky. Those who live near river and streams should start preparing now for the possible flooding. I may go into a Severe Weather Threat Mode in the morning if the data continues to point in that direction.

99ewbg.gif

qpf_acc.us_ov.jpg

nWo, what path and timing will the storm take after KY? I have some loved ones driving from Maryland to Florida on Saturday and Sunday and was curious as to what they might be driving through.
For now looks like through West Virginia then Pennsylvania in the direction. The accumulation amounts will lessen with 1-2" possible. Mainly just thunderstorms. No severe weather is expected in that area at this time.

MD_swody3.png

Friday morning update:

Thunderstorms associated with a tornado, wind damage and isolated large hail threat will be possible this afternoon. The National Hurricane Center is forecasting the remnants of Cindy to move north-northeastward across Kentucky today. The best time for these storms seems to be between 2-8 pm EDT. I will update later today. Also warnings will be sent out on our Twitter page.

Be weather aware later today. Remember that the entire state is under a flash flood watch.

Predicted rain fall totals through 8 am EDT Saturday morning.

qpf_acc.us_ov.jpg

KY_swody1.png

Simulate radars

2-6 pm EDT

2-6.gif

4-8 pm EDT

4-8.gif

This thread is amazing @nWo our BGP Meteorologist!

Thanks, I wish I had more time to post more detailed info. I've been working 12-13 hrs days. I'm rushing now to get ready to go to work.