Gov Bevins's Solution to end violence in Louisville

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I say a poster said this? No.

This guy said it. Ariana Grande said it. Katy Perry said it.

Prof: Ariana Grande Knows More About Counterterrorism Than 'Mad Dog' Mattis | Fox News Insider

Well at least we know now that Ariana Grande, Katy Perry, some liberal professor and Matt Bevin are intellectually equal. I feel better about the direction of my great state already. Let me get back to my praying the violence away now.

And again we all play witness to what remains of the Republican Party. It has no direction apart from "that which infuriates liberals". The party doesn't seem to have a collective vision with regard to much else these days. Talk radio burned it all to the ground and from its ashes seems to have arisen this abomination that has given us our governor and our president.

Hope it's everything you want it to be.

I still say the governor should be embarrassed that he showed up in the West End and said anything like this. At least pretend like your vision for economic growth in Kentucky has any hope of reaching them and talk about that. Talk about enhanced techniques and funding for law enforcement. Talk about why your plans for schools will help them.

He didn't.

And that's sadly predictable for politicians in this state and this city when dealing with folks in the West End.

I can't like this post enough. So I'll give it a like and a thanks. Best I can do.

I'd rather side up with a guy that actually believes in the power of prayer ( thru strong large community churches and an overall sense of community ) than some dip weed politician blowing smoke up my backside and then laughing at me for being so stupid to believe every word that falls from their mouth. Yeah Bevin's actions were not well thought out , but I dont think think he meant " ALL we need is prayer " but its easier to get the claws out and attempt to make him look dumb. I'll always like conservative idiot, liar , crooks as opposed to liberal , idiot, liar crooks ( to paraphrase my dad from the early 80's ) carry on .

FWIW I do feel the R party has a direction , its smaller govt , stronger borders , stronger military , individual freedom, and less welfare for those who want nothing but a handout . And its being widely rejected due to many factors .

Yeah because Bert and I are so liberal. :lol2:

We could always build extra large crosses in the neighborhood too. That always stops violence. Just like telling people to get rid of all their guns and accept a ton more gun control stops all violence too.

I get that you don't like lefties and frankly my time in college gave me am intense disdain for them. However saying "pray it away," is like urinating om a house fire and expecting it to work.

LOL

While people may not like what the Gov said, let's be honest, if we don't take one or the other position I posted (basically legalize dealers or execute them), prayer is going to be more effective than anything else we have tried. Arresting and jailing dealers has done NOTHING but given them more street cred. Government spending on stimulus in high crime areas has basically be money flushed down the toilet in terms of stopping gang activity - why take a job when society glorifies gang life and it pays a heck of a lot more. So any better idea? Or see you in the chapel?

FWIW I do feel the R party has a direction , its smaller govt , stronger borders , stronger military , individual freedom, and less welfare for those who want nothing but a handout . And its being widely rejected due to many factors .

The R Party somewhat has split. The old regime, which is shrinking daily, still hopes for a day when gay marriage will be outlawed again, wants prayer in school - well protestant prayer in school only of course, wants strong limits on things considered indecent (what's on television, what goes on inside strip clubs ie how much nudity is allowed, still wants no expanded gambling, still wants weed illegal and other moral objections, they generally agree with incentives to businesses ie corporate subsidies ie like the Chamber of Commerce likes so much) etc..

A newer regime has a much stronger libertarian lean. They are even stronger advocates of small government and fiscal responsibility, they don't care about gay marriage, prayer in school, care less about indecency on television or what goes on in nudie bars, wants a public vote on expanded gambling and weed and generally wants corporate subsidies slashed unless strong argument can made that a subsidy is really helping all Americans and not a select group who is supporting a puppet in office.

LOL

While people may not like what the Gov said, let's be honest, if we don't take one or the other position I posted (basically legalize dealers or execute them), prayer is going to be more effective than anything else we have tried. Arresting and jailing dealers has done NOTHING but given them more street cred. Government spending on stimulus in high crime areas has basically be money flushed down the toilet in terms of stopping gang activity - why take a job when society glorifies gang life and it pays a heck of a lot more. So any better idea? Or see you in the chapel?

We agree on this. Prohibition didn't work, but considering the number of counties in KY that still hold fast to such a foolish concept I doubt we will be seeing much done on that end in our state.

Shoot the push to make for harsher enforcement on RX Opioids more or less poured gasoline on this fire.

His stance isn't much different than those who are saying that to fight ISIS, all you need is love.

This post has been soundly ridiculed but no one has explained how Bevin's statement is any different the the left's position on radical Islam. Heck they still won't even call it by name.

This post has been soundly ridiculed but no one has explained how Bevin's statement is any different the the left's position on radical Islam. Heck they still won't even call it by name.

RADICAL. ISLAM.

Did... did anything happen?

Anyone who says they're fighting terrorism with "love" is a fool and I've never met anyone who does. Where are these people? Universities? Drum circles?

RADICAL. ISLAM.

Did... did anything happen?

Anyone who says they're fighting terrorism with "love" is a fool and I've never met anyone who does. Where are these people? Universities? Drum circles?

Probably the drum circle hippies that I personally loathe.

The R Party somewhat has split. The old regime, which is shrinking daily, still hopes for a day when gay marriage will be outlawed again, wants prayer in school - well protestant prayer in school only of course, wants strong limits on things considered indecent (what's on television, what goes on inside strip clubs ie how much nudity is allowed, still wants no expanded gambling, still wants weed illegal and other moral objections, they generally agree with incentives to businesses ie corporate subsidies ie like the Chamber of Commerce likes so much) etc..

A newer regime has a much stronger libertarian lean. They are even stronger advocates of small government and fiscal responsibility, they don't care about gay marriage, prayer in school, care less about indecency on television or what goes on in nudie bars, wants a public vote on expanded gambling and weed and generally wants corporate subsidies slashed unless strong argument can made that a subsidy is really helping all Americans and not a select group who is supporting a puppet in office.

Pretty true Bert , great post . FWIW I'm a firm member of group two .