Let's go Krogering?

Jumper_Dad

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could care less what the call the place. Just want to see the home team get wins. If the money from the naming rights can help UK to do that, fine by me.

UK already has their money, this all goes to JMI Sports I believe.

Which is worse? Kroger Field or Papa John Stadium?

Well, at least PJ is a corporation headquartered in Louisville. With that said, I'm neutral on this thing. If Kroger wants to pony up the cash and the name is changed on the stadium, so be it. What I don't understand is why the school isn't getting any of this money? Who exactly is JMI Sports?

Well, at least PJ is a corporation headquartered in Louisville. With that said, I'm neutral on this thing. If Kroger wants to pony up the cash and the name is changed on the stadium, so be it. What I don't understand is why the school isn't getting any of this money? Who exactly is JMI Sports?

UK signed a contract with JMI in 2014 giving them all multimedia marketing rights for UK athletics. Part of that deal was it gave JMI the right to sell naming rights of Commonwealth. It was a $210 million contract for UK, so UK already got their money.

UK Athletics Awards Multimedia Rights to JMI Sports | UK Wildcats News

So Louisville was ahead of the curve when they sold their stadium name (that they paid for independently by the way) to Papa John. As I recall there was some derision on here over that decision, corporate money had no place in college sports etc. Now the inevitable nickname. If PJCS is The Oven what will Kroger Field's be? U Click? The Bag? Express Line?