Scientists Find Jumbo Earth-Sized Planet That May Be Close Enough to Detect Life

Science Friction

I agree on the detection. Not certain about the confronting.

There's still a lot of distance between earth and the stars. In the case of this one, at 39 light years, the fastest spacecraft we have is the vehicle they sent to Pluto and beyond. It speeds along at 32,000 mph. At that rate it would take 817,000 years to get to this star system, and of course the same number of years to return to their home. Converted from 39 light years it's equal to 229 trillion miles. And that's actually a very close star to the earth when considering the size of our galaxy and the rest of the universe.

However, superior intelligence may have a method that could do it in a jiffy, but one has to use a lot of fantasy imagination and Star Wars movie terminology to make it work.

I am pretty confident that extra-terrestrials that are hundreds of thousands, or millions, or billions of years more advanced than us lowly Earthlings might know a little more about us on topics likes quantum entanglement, fundamental particle science, alternate dimensions, antimatter, faster than light travel, black holes, dark matter, wormholes, dark energy, and on and on and on...

I am pretty confident that extra-terrestrials that are hundreds of thousands, or millions, or billions of years more advanced than us lowly Earthlings might know a little more about us on topics likes quantum entanglement, fundamental particle science, alternate dimensions, antimatter, faster than light travel, black holes, dark matter, wormholes, dark energy, and on and on and on...

Well, since you put it that way.....maybe. :D

But I keep thinking of our own planet in that humans only began making crude stone tools about 2 million years ago. It's taken mankind that long to reach the technological age we now live in, and we still haven't conquered the time issue for travel in deep space, and that not much less years than a round trip to the star system we're discussing here.

Of course you are certainly correct in saying that doesn't mean someone elsewhere in this big universe is smarter than us and capable of extremely fast space travel.

Well, since you put it that way.....maybe. :D

But I keep thinking of our own planet in that humans only began making crude stone tools about 2 million years ago. It's taken mankind that long to reach the technological age we now live in, and we still haven't conquered the time issue for travel in deep space, and that not much less years than a round trip to the star system we're discussing here.

Of course you are certainly correct in saying that doesn't mean someone elsewhere in this big universe is smarter than us and capable of extremely fast space travel.

Exactly!

It would be extremely arrogant of us to dismiss greater powers in our Universe/Multi-Verse.