2017 US Open Cup

Getslow

Missed the FCC win due to being in KC for a soccer tourney....but, did go to see Sporting FC. Children's Mercy Park is AMAZING. Location is weird, but the Place itself is top notch. Sporting is incredible. Whoever #7 is for them is extremely fun to watch as is Dom Dwyer. Zusi and Besler also started. Minnesota is terrible, but SKC is a buzz saw.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Draw for the fifth round and quarterfinals is later today and the method changes a bit. The remaining 16 teams get put into four-team regions and will play it out in those pods as opposed to re-drawing after round five.

South Region

Atlanta United (MLS)

Chicago Fire (MLS)

FC Cincinnati (USL)

Miami FC (NASL)

West Region

LA Galaxy (MLS)

San Jose Earthquakes (MLS)

Seattle Sounders (MLS)

Sacramento Republic (USL)

The East and Central regions are all MLS and therefore completely uninteresting.

It's my understanding that there is a coin flip to see who would have home field for FCC's next game? After last night, I've never wanted a positive result in my favor of any other coin flip.

What a great time last night. Besides @theguru, anyone else in attendance? What did you think of the environment. Sure seemed crazy!

It's my understanding that there is a coin flip to see who would have home field for FCC's next game? After last night, I've never wanted a positive result in my favor of any other coin flip.

What a great time last night. Besides @theguru, anyone else in attendance? What did you think of the environment. Sure seemed crazy!

I don't know for sure, but yeah I think it's pure chance as to who gets home games next round. We'll find out in about 2.5 hours!

I was there, as well as the LouCity game. Amazing there was +30K for a professional soccer game on a weeknight.

Surprisingly, the energy was different with 6K at the LC match. That match there was an "if we win this we get the MLS team from up the road" excitement that was really cool. Last night's atmosphere was a "nervous" energy. A "... can we compete GET IT OUTTA THERE" kind of energy. When Djibi's header hit the back of the net, the place exploded. Bedlam.

I've been to several games the last two years, and always have a great time. If you've never been, you should check it out. You won't be disappointed.

I was there, as well as the LouCity game. Amazing there was +30K for a professional soccer game on a weeknight.

Surprisingly, the energy was different with 6K at the LC match. That match there was an "if we win this we get the MLS team from up the road" excitement that was really cool. Last night's atmosphere was a "nervous" energy. A "... can we compete GET IT OUTTA THERE" kind of energy. When Djibi's header hit the back of the net, the place exploded. Bedlam.

I've been to several games the last two years, and always have a great time. If you've never been, you should check it out. You won't be disappointed.

I will definitely agree with that assessment. That 6K crowd really brought a strong energy too. Also a fun game to work.

I completely agree with you about not being disappointed. Even if you aren't really a soccer person, still a really fun environment to at least check out once.

Told you, I'm in for the next game!