2017 US Open Cup

Getslow

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My buddy and I were saying the same thing as we were winding down the evening at Nippert. Such a Cincinnati way to lose a game.

As for FCC overall though and their run in this US Open Cup. Amazing. So much fun to work the Crew, Fire, Red Bulls, and even the Louisville FC game as part of the run. A few coin flips sure help this city start embracing this team even more, and I was certainly thrilled with the home games. Would have been awesome for them to bring the whole thing home, but I don't think anyone can be disappointed.

How many Reds games will it take you to make what you did last night vending? :lol2:

That crowd looked rowdy!

How many Reds games will it take you to make what you did last night vending? :lol2:

That crowd looked rowdy!

Well, since the Cubbies are coming back in town, only a couple hopefully haha jk! If only there we coming on a weekend.

The Open Cup has been very lucrative for the beer man lol

What's crazy is that the whole run for FCC started by barely escaping an NPSL team, AFC Cleveland, in extra time. It's why this tournament is so great. Talent will win out over the course of a full season, but almost anything can happen in single elimination.

What an unbelievable environment to be a part of! The energy in the stadium was nuts.

When Berry put the header in to go up 2-0 I started thinking "hey, they can do this." About 5 minutes later I looked at my brother and realized FCC was in trouble. After the second goal they fell back into a defensive shell and stopped trying to attack. NY took advantage of that and started getting even better build up. Their work paid off as they were able to tie it up and in the process wear FCC down by forcing them to chase.

While it sucks they couldn't hold on for a W and a shot at the Cup, I can't be disappointed with the run FCC put together. Well done all around!

Great to see you MJ! And I did enjoy the Blood Orange.

Why did they play nothing but defense when it went 2-2, FCC had zero offense from that point forward, didnt make sense to me.

They had no offense when it went 2-0. They played not to lose and they lost. Now give NY credit, they were the better conditioned team and made plays when it counted. Bradley Wright-Philips is a very good player and stepped up when his team needed him.

They had no offense when it went 2-0. They played not to lose and they lost. Now give NY credit, they were the better conditioned team and made plays when it counted. Bradley Wright-Philips is a very good player and stepped up when his team needed him.

Ok good, you saw what I saw.