2017 US Open Cup

Getslow

Sparse, but ELECTRIC, crowd tonight at Nippert.

Djiby gets a rebound off of a corner kick in the 48', and FCC holds off a good LouCity squad.

Okoli (last year), Djiby and Mitch get all of the attention, but Harrison Delbridge is an absolute stud on the back line. STUD!

Bring on the Crew!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So amateur side Christos FC out of Baltimore had an oh-so-brief lead on DC United of MLS last night. They ended up losing, but the moment they went ahead was something else.

Twitter

This is a great tournament and this is just one of the reasons why.

What are realistic expectations tonight (FCC/Crew)?

Depends on how into this thing the Crew are. Most MLS teams play severely weakened sides full of reserve players until the later rounds when only other MLS teams are left. However, with this being Cincinnati, a franchise attempting to move to MLS right in their backyard (which I'd assume they'd prefer never happen), the front office might have different ideas about how seriously they'd like the coach to take this one.

In the end, I think the Crew will just edge them out, 2-1.

Depends on how into this thing the Crew are. Most MLS teams play severely weakened sides full of reserve players until the later rounds when only other MLS teams are left. However, with this being Cincinnati, a franchise attempting to move to MLS right in their backyard (which I'd assume they'd prefer never happen), the front office might have different ideas about how seriously they'd like the coach to take this one.

Inaugural "Hell Is Real Derby". Can't wait!

Edited by justsayin

I've been to Ohio many times and while it's awful, I don't know that I'd call it hell...

In reference to a religious billboard on I71 linking the cities that's been there forever. That, and Cincinnati's subtle dig at Columbus and their (now eroding) inroads to the Queeen City.

I'm certain you're going to see a HIGHLY motivated Crew team...a loss for them to FC would make their anti-FC into the MLS stance seem bitter. The absolute last thing the Crew wants is to lose this game.

I am not sure FC can win, but if you can get into the 70th minute even or down 1, the last 20+ minutes will be fantastic!!

I'm certain you're going to see a HIGHLY motivated Crew team...a loss for them to FC would make their anti-FC into the MLS stance seem bitter. The absolute last thing the Crew wants is to lose this game.

I am not sure FC can win, but if you can get into the 70th minute even or down 1, the last 20+ minutes will be fantastic!!

Made a lot of changes from their weekend league team. We'll have to see how this finishes up.

Made a lot of changes from their weekend league team. We'll have to see how this finishes up.

They had a number of starters out there, including Trapp. They had SO MUCH of the ball, and honestly, had 3 or 4 great chances. Their coach was refreshingly honest after the match that they needed to win that, and that presser followed him getting into it with their fan base as he walked off. Good times for the Crew.

Draw for the fifth round and quarterfinals is later today and the method changes a bit. The remaining 16 teams get put into four-team regions and will play it out in those pods as opposed to re-drawing after round five.

South Region

Atlanta United (MLS)

Chicago Fire (MLS)

FC Cincinnati (USL)

Miami FC (NASL)

West Region

LA Galaxy (MLS)

San Jose Earthquakes (MLS)

Seattle Sounders (MLS)

Sacramento Republic (USL)

The East and Central regions are all MLS and therefore completely uninteresting.