• Rucker Park
    • Venice Beach
    • Springfield College
    • Allen Fieldhouse
    • Rupp Arena
    • Cameron Indoor
    • The United Center
    • Madison Square Garden

Rucker Park is losing its place by the day.

Gentrification has already completely re shaped the Heights and it's moving south.

I think it's MSG.

Totally agree with this. The last time I was at Rucker Park was about a year ago and it has changed and continues to change.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Greatest Show in Hoops" lead me to legitimately believe Rupp Arena is one of the premier venues in all of basketball.

I'm a victim of 20+ years of conditioning. The KHSAA has programmed my conditioning. Even my conditioning has been conditioned.

Not sure exactly what you mean by the bold section.

When it comes to the significance of basketball in general, Rupp is not even in the same discussion as Rucker, and not on the same planet as MSG.

Not sure exactly what you mean by the bold section.

When it comes to the significance of basketball in general, Rupp is not even in the same discussion as Rucker, and not on the same planet as MSG.

If you notice, Rucker got my vote, and apparently that's wrong too, alas...

Rupp has hosted the best college basketball program in America over its 40+ years of operation, along with 20+ years hosting the best high school basketball tournament in America. It's not too outlandish to believe it belongs in the conversation.

If you notice, Rucker got my vote, and apparently that's wrong too, alas...

Rupp has hosted the best college basketball program in America over its 40+ years of operation, along with 20+ years hosting the best high school basketball tournament in America. It's not too outlandish to believe it belongs in the conversation.

How many high school state tournaments have you been to? I'm pretty sure the "Best Show in Basketball" is self-proclaimed. The Sweet 16 is awesome, but who determines it's the best?

You could call Rupp the mecca of COLLEGE basketball, but that's as far as you can go. It's not even going to win this poll on a pro-UK message board in Kentucky, you think more people elsewhere are going to put it above MSG?

As this was presented in a High School thread, I would say Rupp, hands down. Not many HS championship are played at this type of venue, to such large crowds.

If it were a presented in the College or Pro thread, then I might say something else but in a HS thread.....RUPP arena, RUPP RUPP arena!

Heck, if you are going to list Rupp as a choice of "mecca" (and it isn't) then you have to AT LEAST include Pauley Pavilion and Cameron Indoor Stadium. And I bet both of those would get as many votes as Rupp, if not more.

Heck, if you are going to list Rupp as a choice of "mecca" (and it isn't) then you have to AT LEAST include Pauley Pavilion and Cameron Indoor Stadium. And I bet both of those would get as many votes as Rupp, if not more.

Cameron is listed.

How many high school state tournaments have you been to? I'm pretty sure the "Best Show in Basketball" is self-proclaimed. The Sweet 16 is awesome, but who determines it's the best?

You could call Rupp the mecca of COLLEGE basketball, but that's as far as you can go. It's not even going to win this poll on a pro-UK message board in Kentucky, you think more people elsewhere are going to put it above MSG?

He said "The Greatest Show in Hoops". That's the motto for the KHSAA Sweet 16 FYI.