• Rucker Park
    • Venice Beach
    • Springfield College
    • Allen Fieldhouse
    • Rupp Arena
    • Cameron Indoor
    • The United Center
    • Madison Square Garden

I understand how important basketball is to the state of Kentucky. But to say KY or more specifically Rupp is the capital of the basketball universe is a stretch, and is only being said by those who are from KY. Sure there is great history. Folks from the big cities like New York and Philly don't spend a second thinking about KY basketball. I'd put the atmosphere and excitement in The Palestra against Rupp any day of the week and twice on Sunday. There's a reason it's called the "Cathedral of College Basketball". Kentucky is strictly a homer pick. Sorry.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look at the history of high school basketball you must look at Hinkle Fieldhouse and Freedom Hall...present times Rupp.

Archives for college arenas MSG, Palestra and Allen Fieldhouse...Pros- Boston Garden, Forum, Chicago Stadium and Philadelphia Civic Center.

Summer venues...Dirt Bowl and Rucker League

Summer Camps...5 Star and B/C All-Stars

I have been to all except Allen Fieldhouse.

No it's not. No one outside the state of Kentucky looks at Rupp Arena as the mecca of basketball. Stop it.

More so than Cameron indoor, that's for sure. But I agree with you. I don't think any college court should be in the list except for the Gardens which hosted both NBA and College.

Now with all that said I think the Boston Gardens should have made the list although my pick would be Rucker Park.

More so than Cameron indoor, that's for sure. But I agree with you. I don't think any college court should be in the list except for the Gardens which hosted both NBA and College.

Now with all that said I think the Boston Gardens should have made the list although my pick would be Rucker Park.

Again, I think you'd think differently if you ever saw a Big 5 game at the Palestra. A truly unique experience and venue.