Did Congress repeal internet privacy?

From the government? Yes. This repeal allows more than just the government to intrude on your privacy. Your browsing habits will now be fair game legally for more than just hackers. To me that is a problem.

You will get no argument from me, I agree 150%. I guess congress is still for sale along with our data.

From the government? Yes. This repeal allows more than just the government to intrude on your privacy. Your browsing habits will now be fair game legally for more than just hackers. To me that is a problem.

Again if you thought they werent already fair game thats on you.

Again if you thought they werent already fair game thats on you.

You're missing my point. Theoretically a company can choose to not hire you because they know your internet browsing history. That's never been an issue before but now if a company finds out you are on Infowars.com too much than can just tell you that you didn't meet their qualifications. That isn't right at all. But soon things like that will be legal.

You're missing my point. Theoretically a company can choose to not hire you because they know your internet browsing history. That's never been an issue before but now if a company finds out you are on Infowars.com too much than can just tell you that you didn't meet their qualifications. That isn't right at all. But soon things like that will be legal.

Disquieting thought.

Ruh-roh. I know a guy...

People get fired/not hired for things they have on facebook everyday, whats the difference.

Never really had it, if you think we did, your dumb.

I disagree, I think 20 years ago we had a lot of privacy but when 911 intersected with digital technology and global terror networks our Government had no choice but to find a way to record everything to protect us from all the threats.

I haven't read up on this information but from what I understand nothing is changing. In other words, our info/habits/privacy was always "the property" of our ISP and the Obama Administration crafted legislation/regulation to stop it. However, the Trump Administration repealed/changed what the Obama Administration did before the Obama Administration regulation could go into effect.

In other words, we have always been vulnerable, the Left tried to protect us, and the Right punched us all in the mouth and said all of our info is fair game to the highest bidder.

I haven't read up on this information but from what I understand nothing is changing. In other words, our info/habits/privacy was always "the property" of our ISP and the Obama Administration crafted legislation/regulation to stop it. However, the Trump Administration repealed/changed what the Obama Administration did before the Obama Administration regulation could go into effect.

In other words, we have always been vulnerable, the Left tried to protect us, and the Right punched us all in the mouth and said all of our info is fair game to the highest bidder.

I misinterpreted the information then. I was under the assumption that there were certain privacy laws that had to be adhered to by pretty much everyone and that those privacy laws will no longer be effective.

I misinterpreted the information then. I was under the assumption that there were certain privacy laws that had to be adhered to by pretty much everyone and that those privacy laws will no longer be effective.

Again, I am not claiming to be an expert on this and I have not researched it.

I think it was more of a Wild Wild West beginning with the Net and what private information various companies (first and foremost our ISP) had access to on each of us and the Obama Administration rightly recognized (my opinion) this is a threat to all Americans and did something about it. Then unfortunately President Trump reversed President Obama's decision and once again we are heading down a path where there are no secrets.