Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Aren't we Lucky in Kentucky to have the Sweet 16®

Featured Replies

  • Replies 45
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rupp is as good as it is gonna get for the state tournament, when you can play somewhere where the winningest college team ever plays then its going to mean a lot, maybe not as much if you aren't a UK fan, but personally I've been to the Yum Center and its like an NBA arena and the environment isn't the same.

The highlight of 2017 for you.

 

I thought of you the entire time I was enjoying my delicious meat loaf meal.

I thought of you the entire time I was enjoying my delicious meat loaf meal.

 

:lol2::no:

I thought of you the entire time I was enjoying my delicious meat loaf meal.

 

Which could be code for "I never thought of you at all."

Nice to meet you too brother and as always good to see @PurplePride92

 

Always good to catch up when I see you!! :thumb:

.....and my fingers get a well needed break. :lol2:

 

And here I was looking forward to detailed analysis and updates re: girls softball .... ☹️

Most kids want to play on the same floor the Kentucky Wildcats do. Biggest reason for me on why Rupp should host. Upgrades coming sooner rather than later!

It was nice meeting a few new people this weekend, @TheProfessor @SnottieDrippen @Yellow Card @mooremiller31. Good seeing @Bengal Maniac again as well! And I guess @Randy Parker too...

 

Nice meeting you as well. :thumb:

 

I came by twice and missed PP92 both times. I think he was away at the Hospitality Room enjoying the food. :popcorn::D

Most kids want to play on the same floor the Kentucky Wildcats do. Biggest reason for me on why Rupp should host. Upgrades coming sooner rather than later!

I was told by one of the 101 ushers that the plan was to make all the upper arena chair back seats. They're not going to lose any seat totals because they're going to dig down in the court area and pick up the extra seats to offset the upper arena changes.

 

As far as the"Rupp being a dump" comment, I don't see it. I think Rupp is a nice venue. I was in Bridgestone Arena in Nashville for a concert recently and it is one of the newer constructions and I didn't see where it had anything on Rupp, with the exception the concourse area was bigger.

And here I was looking forward to detailed analysis and updates re: girls softball .... ☹️

 

They will be coming, but nothing like hoops updates.

I didn't see where it had anything on Rupp, with the exception the concourse area was bigger.

 

That's the biggest difference between new and old arenas.

I love the Sweet 16, even if I don't attend much of it. Years ago, our family would go for the Saturday session alone. We'd watch the semis, go to something fun in Lexington, and then go back to the finals. Some of my earliest HSBB memories are those Saturdays that I absolutely loved.

 

Then, somewhere around 1990, we started going to the whole thing. Those were some awesome memories, and it was something I looked forward to every year. Still enjoy attending all these years later, and I am hoping that we can go to the entire tournament next year.

As to this year's Sweet 16, a big thanks to Deuce & PP92 for all their hard work in covering the tournament. I really enjoyed following along. Those two might cheer for stupid college basketball teams, but I love them and appreciate all they did.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.