The Jake

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a player who many of us have watched and been victimized by for the past four years, and even though he has scored 3,000 career points, and scored +30 a game many times, it took playing on the grandest of stages before we could all sit back, at a distance, and marvel at what a talent Jake Ohmer actually is.

There was even heated banter on this site about who the best player is in our region, only to have it spelled out quite clearly to us that he is one of the very, very best in the state.

On Friday in the second game of a session in which the "feature" game had been decided two hours previous, in a second game that was a blow out - a game that would have normally sent the casual majority to the exits at halftime - not a soul left. Everyone stayed and hung on every possession because they knew they were witnessing Greatness and wanted to see what Jake Ohmer would do next.

A tribute to him was that the traffic outside following the twenty-something point game was as though Rupp had just emptied following an overtime thriller.

Maybe that cockeyed 3 that sent the Eagles to Rupp a week and a half ago was meant to be, because without it, Jake Ohmer would have gone quietly into the Maysville night and we ( and the high school basketball fans of the state) would have never have known just what a treat we were in for.

Sine this is a text driven site and I can't hear the pronunciation of PP's "The Jake", I can only hope that it rhymes with - The Ohio State.

He's earned it.

Quite a bit of discussion before the 10th region tournament, where he pretty much sealed the deal. This week just reinforced what many of us knew all along.

How bout NKU Norse? Why hasn't John Brannen come calling?

So right. If NKU wants to keep making progress towards connecting with the fans of this community, they better grab up the more than able local kid. Also doesn't hurt he can fill some of those many empty seats in their nice arena.

Are we sure he wants to go D1? That may seem like a silly question, but if he's a better baseball player than basketball, is a D1 school going to allow him to do both?

I was told that he liked the idea of playing basketball because it typically offers more money towards college.

I was told that he liked the idea of playing basketball because it typically offers more money towards college.

Right, I would say he will not need to worry about the financial obligation now. I think he will get several D-1's in the ball park of WKU type schools, which is AWESOME!!!

Jake Ohmer's numbers in the 10th Region Tournament & Sweet 16 (6 games...per The Ledger Independent's Evan Dennison):

* 210 points (35 ppg)

* 63 rebounds (10.5 rpg)

* 70-128 FG's (54%)

* 21-45 3pt FG's (46%)

* 47-53 FT's (88%)

Great work, young man! :thumb:

The amazing thing about these stats are that they are pretty close to his yearly average. Just nether night in the gym. Great job Jake.