Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Northwestern 68 Vanderbilt 66

Featured Replies

As to the last shot, I am not surprised at all. I can't even count how many games I have seen the last few years where it comes down to a last shot and the play is one on one out top dribble, dribble, dribble, hoist up the 3 point try.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
As to the last shot, I am not surprised at all. I can't even count how many games I have seen the last few years where it comes down to a last shot and the play is one on one out top dribble, dribble, dribble, hoist up the 3 point try.

 

Vandy was jacking up 3's the entire 2nd half. It's how they got back into it, but they also cost themselves down the stretch.

Vandy should not have already used all of their timeouts. They probably would have called one after getting the lead to set up their defense, therefore that foul would not have happened. At least, that's what the coach should tell his player.

How do you not know your team just took the lead in the closing seconds?

 

His coach didn't help him by having no timeouts the last 7 mins was it?

Only game I've missed so far smh

then Bryce Drew is an idiot.

Vandy has been live and die by the 3 all year. That's just who they are. I don't think that makes Bryce Drew an idiot.

Your down one and you don't even work for a two point try. Quite obvious they wanted to settle for a three, contested or not. Last 10 minutes they wasted at least 6 trips jacking up threes from 5 feet behind the line instead of driving.

Mike Greenberg will be impossible to live with.

Some one during one of the replays said that the score on the scoreboard hadn't updated yet and they saw him look up at it right before he fouled. I feel for the kid, that's a tough loss for a Vandy team that really fought today.

Vandy has been live and die by the 3 all year. That's just who they are. I don't think that makes Bryce Drew an idiot.

I'm not saying taking a 3 was that stupid, I'm saying that entire last possession was, especially only down 1. And if Drew wanted that to happen then he's an idiot.

No, Fisher-Davis did not cost them the game, but he sure helped aid in the loss.

 

Yet if an official at this point called a "ticky tack" foul the whole narrative on here would be soooo much different....."gotta let the players decide it", " can't make that call at that point in the game", etc....btw, not necessarily you Bugatti, but many people.

I'm not saying taking a 3 was that stupid, I'm saying that entire last possession was, especially only down 1. And if Drew wanted that to happen then he's an idiot.

It's certainly not how I would have played it. I'm trying to get a quick 2 driving to the basket hoping to get fouled. So if you miss you can foul again and have enough time to get a decent 3 off if NW hits both free throws. But if shooting 3's is sort of your MO like it is for Vandy I could see a coach having confidence in LaChance and not wanting NW to touch the ball again. I certainly don't think that way, but I'm not calling Drew an idiot for it. He had them in position to win if Fisher Davis doesn't make the dumbest foul in probably the history of the NCAA tournament.

It's certainly not how I would have played it. I'm trying to get a quick 2 driving to the basket hoping to get fouled. So if you miss you can foul again and have enough time to get a decent 3 off if NW hits both free throws. But if shooting 3's is sort of your MO like it is for Vandy I could see a coach having confidence in LaChance and not wanting NW to touch the ball again. I certainly don't think that way, but I'm not calling Drew an idiot for it. He had them in position to win if Fisher Davis doesn't make the dumbest foul in probably the history of the NCAA tournament.

It's not the fact he took a 3. If that's you thing go for it. It that he took a God awful 3 after doing nothing to get a better look.

It's not the fact he took a 3. If that's you thing go for it. It that he took a God awful 3 after doing nothing to get a better look.

That's a good 3 for LaChance. That's what the game has become. Have you watched Vandy play before? Did you watch 2 possessions before when LaChance hit the exact same shot. That's just what they do. Wasn't a bad shot for Vandy's standards.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.