Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Northwestern 68 Vanderbilt 66

Featured Replies

Final.

 

Vandy makes a great comeback to take the lead with under 30 seconds left. Fisher-Davis must have thought they were still down because he fouled a Wildcat player on purpose.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The commentators said it, but I'll echo it...I'm absolutely sick for Fischer-Davis and Vandy. Sick.

Chris Weber is shaking his head at that one. It is amazing how little college players understand time, possession, and score.

I thought Vandy was a smart school. What a stupid move. Cost his school a lot of money and 2nd round

I'm actually just as bothered by jacking up a 25 foot three pointer when you're down one.

Obviously a bad play by Fischer-Davis but you can't say he cost them the game. Who is to say Northwestern wouldn't have scored anyway? Why did LaChance hoist up that 30 3 point try? Plus Fischer-Davis was a big reason why Vandy was even had a chance at winning.

 

I liken it to Burfict's play versus the Steelers. If Burfict had not done all he did earlier, the Bengals may not have even been in the lead. But it was a bad play by him that helped the Bengals lose.

Obviously a bad play by Fischer-Davis but you can't say he cost them the game. Who is to say Northwestern wouldn't have scored anyway? Why did LaChance hoist up that 30 3 point try? Plus Fischer-Davis was a big reason why Vandy was even had a chance at winning.

 

I liken it to Burfict's play versus the Steelers. If Burfict had not done all he did earlier, the Bengals may not have even been in the lead. But it was a bad play by him that helped the Bengals lose.

No, Fisher-Davis did not cost them the game, but he sure helped aid in the loss.

  • Author
Chris Weber is shaking his head at that one.

 

So is Sean Woods.

Kid just made a mistake. None of us have ever been on a stage like that; Lord knows I wouldn't be exempt from having a brain fart like that looking back when I was 20-21 (and, I played all through college-(football) ).

 

Agreed on the shot choice from 30 feet.

 

But, we are all seeing with x-ray vision right now.

  • Author
No, Fisher-Davis did not cost them the game, but he sure helped aid in the loss.

 

How do you not know your team just took the lead in the closing seconds?

How do you not know your team just took the lead in the closing seconds?

 

I guarantee it was because he thought they had a foul to give. Or so I hope. Which, even if they did; I'm not sure why he'd have done it unless he knew they didn't have a timeout left, so in order for them all to know what Coach Drew was shouting out defensively for that all to get communicated right with the break that the foul WOULD have given them (in his mind)...he fouled.

Thats what I get for picking Vandy. Picked with my head instead of my heart. My heart said I hate Vandy and should never pick them.

I'm actually just as bothered by jacking up a 25 foot three pointer when you're down one.

As bad as Vandy ran offense in the last 1:30 they didn't deserve to win. Even the possession where Lachance hit the 3 to take lead, their offense was brutal. Just got bailed out in the last :05 of the shot clock on a 3. Then the shot you are talking about was just brutal.

The LeChance shot at the end was definitely what the coach wanted. Bad shot IMO, but no way he shoots that and holds the ball for the last shot without it coming from the bench.

The LeChance shot at the end was definitely what the coach wanted. Bad shot IMO, but no way he shoots that and holds the ball for the last shot without it coming from the bench.
then Bryce Drew is an idiot.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.