March 15, 20179 yr Did Cowherd love him? He seemed to enjoy interviewing him. He appeared to endorse his actions, or that's how I interpreted the back and forth chatter between the two.
March 15, 20179 yr So he said back in his day, he'd have killed MJ in 1v1. :lol2: Dude averaged 2 points a game in college. :lol2: Today, Charles Barkley challenged him to a game of 1 on 1. :lol2:
March 15, 20179 yr He seemed to enjoy interviewing him. He appeared to endorse his actions, or that's how I interpreted the back and forth chatter between the two. The media's reaction to him is predictable. Sport's media lives off trying to take counter-opinion on matters whether they agree or endorse the subject's actions. I can respect the fact he has faith in his children; millions of parents do. Heck, I can even respect the notion that his family should profit off of their successes. But, most do not try and upstage their kids and become a celebrity on their coattails. He has become a caricature of himself.
March 15, 20179 yr And then this House of LaVar Ball burglarized during high school playoff game It's sad, but the first thing that popped into my head when I saw this was, "not buying it".
March 15, 20179 yr It's sad, but the first thing that popped into my head when I saw this was, "not buying it". Same here... belongings piled in a room and nothing stolen... publicity stunt
March 15, 20179 yr He said "Barkley is too old and fat to play me 1 on 1." Uh, Barkley's statement was "I'm old and fat, but I'll still take him 1 on 1."
March 15, 20179 yr He thinks he already has 3 superstars. He just has an advanced version of what so many parents think about their kids abilities these days....think of it like Alzheimer's, the longer it goes, the worse it gets...and you can never go back.
March 15, 20179 yr MJ makes around $100,000,000 per year from Nike/Jordan Brand ($60M plus a % of sales) LBJ makes $30M plus a % of sales (Life time contract) KD makes $28.5M per year (10 year contract) The Ball deal would average $33M per son, per year, over 10 years...looking down the road someone will be getting $33M per year...could it be the Ball's? Who knows! Good grief! No wonder shoes cost so much.
March 16, 20179 yr I hope that his son does well and I believe that he no doubt will, the kid is great talent. As for the old man ...all he is about is himself / how much air time that he can get for himself and the idiots in the media are giving it to him.
March 16, 20179 yr Has anybody else seen the gif with Ball's head on rookie Iverson crossing over MJ? That's the best thing to come from this.
March 16, 20179 yr Now they let him play 1v1 with Marcellus Wiley on Sportsnation on like a 7 foot rim. This guy is eating this publicity up.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.