Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 92 LSU 85

Featured Replies

I read this morning, Monk has as many rebounds as you and me, over the last 70+ minutes he has played. You read that correct, he has 0.

  • Replies 87
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I read this morning, Monk has as many rebounds as you and me, over the last 70+ minutes he has played. You read that correct, he has 0.

 

Yeah, I think its in the last 77 minutes played. I don't know how that is possible. You have to try to not get rebounds.

 

My spin, maybe the other four are expected to rebound defensively and Monk is supposed to leak out to start the break? On the offensive end, he doesn't crash the boards because he's spotting up? The best 3 is off an offensive rebound a lot of times.

I pondered this last night. I think they are a second weekend team, wouldn't be shocked by a Final Four but likely Elite 8.

 

I agree.

If they lose a couple more SEC games, which I think they will, they're going to probably be a 5 seed. That's a bad matchup with a good mid-major first game and second game won't get any easier. With their poor defense I doubt they get get past the second round.

This is the worst defensive team I've seen at UK maybe ever.

 

It's certainly the worst one that Cal's had since he's been at UK.

Matador Defense!

They shot 81% from the line. That's a promising sign.

Skal wasn't very good but he at least played defense and could score the ball outside of a dunk.

 

Bam is the worst defensive player I've ever witnessed, he honestly should foul out of every game in about 5 minutes if refs called everything, and can't do anything but dunk (yes I know he hit a jumper last night). He plays hard, I'll give him that.

 

And yes, I know this team doesn't have anyone else down low, but that could be because Cal refuses to play Tai and SKJ. They can't be any worse than Bam and Humphries are.

 

Derek Willis is the worst defensive player I've ever witnessed. Bam doesn't make first team, but he is at least honorable mention.

 

I think Bam has really struggled adjusting to the way the college game is called, to the point of making him regress on the defensive end as the season has continued.

 

I think Bam has really struggled adjusting to the way the college game is called, to the point of making him regress on the defensive end as the season has continued.

 

That's because he commits a foul every time down the floor. He's very lucky the officials have swallowed their whistles on him for much of the season.

Speaking of defense, it baffles me that Fox is the fastest and quickest player on the floor in about every game and still can't contain the guy he's guarding from driving or scoring.

Speaking of defense, it baffles me that Fox is the fastest and quickest player on the floor in about every game and still can't contain the guy he's guarding from driving or scoring.

 

I saw some improvement in Fox last night defensively. Still a long way to go but he actually worked at it a little bit more and did a good job on positioning several times.

I think many (maybe even most) kids these days aren't taught how to play defense and rebound at the AAU and high school levels. They are superstars offensively so coaches just let them do what they want.

 

And while that isn't helping anyone, the problem is that if they actually crack down and try to teach them fundamentals, some shady handler will "pull" the kid off that team and send them to one that let's them do as they please.

 

I see it year in and year out. It's almost impossible to actually coach kids these days. Especially if that requires them working and getting a little sweaty in practice.

Speaking of defense, it baffles me that Fox is the fastest and quickest player on the floor in about every game and still can't contain the guy he's guarding from driving or scoring.

 

I had really high hopes for his defensive ability to start the season, but he's been a let down in that regard.

Derek Willis is the worst defensive player I've ever witnessed. Bam doesn't make first team, but he is at least honorable mention.

 

I think Bam has really struggled adjusting to the way the college game is called, to the point of making him regress on the defensive end as the season has continued.

 

Willis reminds me of a 6'9" Jim Master on Defense. :thumb:

Speaking of defense, it baffles me that Fox is the fastest and quickest player on the floor in about every game and still can't contain the guy he's guarding from driving or scoring.

 

He's always straight up. No defensive stance at any point that I can see.

I saw some improvement in Fox last night defensively. Still a long way to go but he actually worked at it a little bit more and did a good job on positioning several times.

 

He might be like John Wall handling the ball and driving but he's nowhere near a John Wall on the defensive end.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.