Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 92 LSU 85

Featured Replies

Serious question ... Are UK players more lazy or clueless on their defensive assignments?

 

I mean, either their basketball smarts are lacking or they are just lazy on defense . I'm beginning to think it's maybe the latter.

 

Could the moniker for this team be= THE LAZIES ?

  • Replies 87
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Serious question ... Are UK players more lazy or clueless on their defensive assignments?

 

They lack fundamental knowledge on how to play defense. I knew how to play help defense in 7th grade. If you beat your man against UK, you have an open lane.

Serious question ... Are UK players more lazy or clueless on their defensive assignments?

 

Between the two, clueless. It is easy to say that kids don't care or are playing for themselves, but I really do not think that is the case. There is a difference between being lazy and not knowing how to play hard, which is where they are stuck. Some Freshman never get over that hump.

Briscoe played pretty well in the 2nd half too.

 

He's so brutal in the half court. Really bogs down that entire offense.

Speaking of defense, it baffles me that Fox is the fastest and quickest player on the floor in about every game and still can't contain the guy he's guarding from driving or scoring.

 

I've been pretty disappointed with that as well. I thought he was going to lock guys up.

Between the two, clueless. It is easy to say that kids don't care or are playing for themselves, but I really do not think that is the case. There is a difference between being lazy and not knowing how to play hard, which is where they are stuck. Some Freshman never get over that hump.

Agreed, it's not laziness.

Kentucky has Final Four offense and NIT defense.

Agreed, it's not laziness.

 

It's not laziness. They try, but they are just out of position, don't slider their feet and have no clue how to rotate and play help defense.

He's so brutal in the half court. Really bogs down that entire offense.

 

How so?

How so?

Because he can't do anything other than power into the middle or baseline. He won't/can't shoot. Makes it hard to space the floor.

How so?

Because he can't do anything other than power into the middle or baseline. He won't/can't shoot. Makes it hard to space the floor.

Because he can't do anything other than power into the middle or baseline. He won't/can't shoot. Makes it hard to space the floor.

 

He's better at it than Fox....:idunno:

 

I just don't buy that a guard that can get to the basket pretty much at will is somehow bogging down the offense.

They quit playing defense late in the game and LSU was shooting nothing but threes.

 

I am more concerned with the consistent open lane drives to the basic that LSU consistent got all night when the game wasn't already over.

 

Agree.

Between the two, clueless. It is easy to say that kids don't care or are playing for themselves, but I really do not think that is the case. There is a difference between being lazy and not knowing how to play hard, which is where they are stuck. Some Freshman never get over that hump.

 

And would you say then that Calipari is somewhat to blame? It's his responsibility to have them prepared and teach how he wants the game played. Being the good recruiter that he is with the NBA connection, could it be he's become a little lax in the coaching area? Sometimes when I hear his philosophy/reasons about why certain things aren't accomplished, I feel he might be "mailing it in" because of the talent he's able to bring to Lexington.

And would you say then that Calipari is somewhat to blame? It's his responsibility to have them prepared and teach how he wants the game played. Being the good recruiter that he is with the NBA connection, could it be he's become a little lax in the coaching area? Sometimes when I hear his philosophy/reasons about why certain things aren't accomplished, I feel he might be "mailing it in" because of the talent he's able to bring to Lexington.

 

Such as?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.