NCC hoops exodus

Jimmy Pangallo knows the game and is well respected in the coaching community, I'm sure there is a good reason why playing time might have been an issue with those that left.

Neace, Cain, & Kelly are all talented multi-sport athletes. Would I have liked to seen them "ride out the storm"....sure, however I'm not going to fault a kid for his decision, I'm sure it wasn't an easy one knowing them.

No one is saying that Jimmy Pangallo isn't a good coach and isn't respected and maybe he is given direction from the head coach I don't know but the bottom line is JV players should be playing.

In my opinion those freshman who are talented that's for sure should not have gotten moved up before the season started, what happened to the days where its earned and not just at NCC but to many kids are marked way to early and others aren't given the opportunity.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My understanding is the reason that was giving is because they didn't attend summer workouts is why they aren't given playing time. If that is the case that is a sad excuse because what if a kid is working, playing another sport or maybe just working on his own or with a trainer. IMO you don't decide playing time in July.

No one is saying that Jimmy Pangallo isn't a good coach and isn't respected and maybe he is given direction from the head coach I don't know but the bottom line is JV players should be playing.

In my opinion those freshman who are talented that's for sure should not have gotten moved up before the season started, what happened to the days where its earned and not just at NCC but to many kids are marked way to early and others aren't given the opportunity.

Do you seriously think that the freshman that were moved up were moved up solely because of summer ball ? I'm pretty sure this coaching staff has been watching at least one of these freshman for more than a year....along with a lot of other coaches.

Do you seriously think that the freshman that were moved up were moved up solely because of summer ball ? I'm pretty sure this coaching staff has been watching at least one of these freshman for more than a year....along with a lot of other coaches.

Missing my point, I never said they didn't deserve it all I am saying make them earn it like the other kids. I think it was mentioned that a couple freshman just got moved up and contributed and they got moved up because they earned playing some freshman games and working their tale off in practice. I am not saying the ones who automatically got moved up don't work hard.

Missing my point, I never said they didn't deserve it all I am saying make them earn it like the other kids. I think it was mentioned that a couple freshman just got moved up and contributed and they got moved up because they earned playing some freshman games and working their tale off in practice. I am not saying the ones who automatically got moved up don't work hard.

Are you sayng the coaches should always make frosh play on the frosh team until they prove they're better than that?

I think early on they should yes, doesn't mean that they have to play 10 games then move up. Practice starts a month early that plenty of time to evaluate don't you think?

I guess I like how it use to be you earned being moved up even though a coach may already know at least show everyone else that you earn it at whatever school a kid plays at.

I think early on they should yes, doesn't mean that they have to play 10 games then move up. Practice starts a month early that plenty of time to evaluate don't you think?

I guess I like how it use to be you earned being moved up even though a coach may already know at least show everyone else that you earn it at whatever school a kid plays at.

Practice technically starts a month and a half prior to the season. So a kid can't earn the move up in 1.5 months of practice?

Explain "watching" for me. Does that include talking to the kid as well. This is the kind of stuff that sets off the bells and whistles to me. I know it happens and in fact witnessed it myself, albeit on a public school team.

Explain "watching" for me. Does that include talking to the kid as well. This is the kind of stuff that sets off the bells and whistles to me. I know it happens and in fact witnessed it myself, albeit on a public school team.

Saturday morning you can catch the up and coming players in their league, and have been able to for years....

Nothing wrong with it, but it's not like the staff was blind to the talent they were about to receive.

Yes they can but it was automatic.

Jefferson put up double figures a few times in varsity last year. That was a no-brainer. Kremer and he have played together for a few seasons and, he too was a no-brainer. I don't know enough about the 3rd Frosh to make an educated assessment, but NewCath has never been shy about promoting Freshman into higher levels.

Jefferson put up double figures a few times in varsity last year. That was a no-brainer. Kremer and he have played together for a few seasons and, he too was a no-brainer. I don't know enough about the 3rd Frosh to make an educated assessment, but NewCath has never been shy about promoting Freshman into higher levels.

Again I am not saying they shouldn't they shouldn't have moved up.

Jimmy Pangallo knows the game and is well respected in the coaching community, I'm sure there is a good reason why playing time might have been an issue with those that left.

Neace, Cain, & Kelly are all talented multi-sport athletes. Would I have liked to seen them "ride out the storm"....sure, however I'm not going to fault a kid for his decision, I'm sure it wasn't an easy one knowing them.

Lawnboy, here's this old memory working/misfiring(?); but, did the greatest NCC Thorobred of all time play only one year of varsity ball? Had always heard this, but never knew if it was true? Dave Cowens of course is the Thorobred I'm talking about, but you knew that.