NCC hoops exodus

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope nobody on here that is bashing these kids for quitting have ever quit a job or anything else.

Not bashing the kids at all. We all make incorrect decisions and have to live with the consequenes and hopefully learn from them. Bashing the adults that like it, or not have encouraged "quitting, by accepting the action to pursue another sport's activities while the team you quit on is still in-season". This tolerance sure runs the risk of establishing quitting as a lifestle habit.

Not bashing the kids at all. We all make incorrect decisions and have to live with the consequenes and hopefully learn from them. Bashing the adults that like it, or not have encouraged "quitting, by accepting the action to pursue another sport's activities while the team you quit on is still in-season". This tolerance sure runs the risk of establishing quitting as a lifestle habit.

There are many reasons a player may quit. I think some on this thread bash without knowing the real reason. Ones that quit can't be all lumped into quitters because a lot of the times there are good reasons for a player to decide to give up a sport. I for one, do not approve of someone quitting in the middle of the season but sometimes it is for the best.

So is it safe to say you've only had one job your entire life? If not, then based off your own logic, you're a quitter.

I just can't believe this thread is this long... who cares what happened? Were they assets to the team? Were they a cancer to the team? If both answered "no" then leave it be. These kids don't need to hear people bashing them because they made a choice to better themselves elsewhere. Good grief

If most/all of the sophomores on the Xavier University basketball team simultaneously quit, mid-season, would you expect a discussion somewhere about that?

Some schools actually have a rule that you can't participate in any other sports until the sport you quits season has ended. I like that.

Yes but doesn't NCC have like 350ish students split 50/50 between boys/girls? Doesn't work in all schools.

I think this is a good rule and I am glad to see schools enforce it.

As for the size of NCC... in this scenario... I do not understand how the size of the school matters.