Arrest made in burning of black church in Miss.

jericho

I have in my immediate family and friends many democrats. Most common folks are cool and as normal as all the conservatives I know. The closer you get to the head of the two party snakes it starts to get rotten. Our fight really isnt so much with each other as most of us fall into the middle ideology spectrum. It's the divide and misinformation we are constantly fed from those who seek to rule. Most of us agree on core things, the rest are live and let live items. The parties thrive on the division that we let them create. Politics are the real enemy. This type of stuff is out of the far lefts playbook and needs to stop. It's not cool.

I have in my immediate family and friends many democrats. Most common folks are cool and as normal as all the conservatives I know. The closer you get to the head of the two party snakes it starts to get rotten. Our fight really isnt so much with each other as most of us fall into the middle ideology spectrum. It's the divide and misinformation we are constantly fed from those who seek to rule. Most of us agree on core things, the rest are live and let live items. The parties thrive on the division that we let them create. Politics are the real enemy. This type of stuff is out of the far lefts playbook and needs to stop. It's not cool.

I agree with the first half of your post completely. (I have no opinion on the playbook comment.) However, what bothers me is that we are so dismissive of posters "on the other side." You are correct. We can't discuss issues without throwing out names and inflammatory rhetoric. It's disheartening and for the most part I just choose to avoid those discussions, whereas I'd rather be able to read, discuss and respectfully debate those topics, to help me grow as an individual.

I agree with the first half of your post completely. (I have no opinion on the playbook comment.) However, what bothers me is that we are so dismissive of posters "on the other side." You are correct. We can't discuss issues without throwing out names and inflammatory rhetoric. It's disheartening and for the most part I just choose to avoid those discussions, whereas I'd rather be able to read, discuss and respectfully debate those topics, to help me grow as an individual.

I'm as guilty as anybody, that I'll confess.

There's no time like the present fo us to change. :thumb:

Why do you think that we (as a group on BGP) are like this? Do we feel morally or intellectually superior when we act so hateful to our fellow posters from the other side of the aisle?

Alot of it is tit for tat and spirals out of control. Some poke the bear just to be malevolent.

I am as guilty of this as anyone. The sad part is, I have began trying not to do this and the attacks keep coming.

Guess I'll just keep trying. :thumb:

There's no time like the present fo us to change. :thumb:

Why do you think that we (as a group on BGP) are like this? Do we feel morally or intellectually superior when we act so hateful to our fellow posters from the other side of the aisle?

I think there are some, on both sides, that always feel intellectually superior on any given subject.

With that brings retaliation from those that are in the cross hairs of said posters.