Here comes the recount protest.

jericho

Ive not checked this but just by going off the above two posts, Did Hillary only win 10 states?

I believe she won 19--

Washington, Oregon, California, Hawaii, Colorado, New Mexico, Minnesota, Illinois, Virginia, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, New York, Connecticut, Massachusets, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine

Basically the West Coast/Pacific Northwest, Mid-Atlantic, and New England States.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of the Trumpeteers have an opinion they want to share so I will answer my own questions.

I see all this talk about how many states and geography won as Trumpeteers trying make it sound like Trump won some mandate. He didn't. He has very strong and loud support in his core. But the bottom line facts, if we look at the American voters numbers and consider how close the election was in voter numbers in key electoral college states, Trump is arguably the second least supported presidential winner ever. He also comes into office with the lowest voter approval rating ever.

None of the Trumpeteers have an opinion they want to share so I will answer my own questions.

I see all this talk about how many states and geography won as Trumpeteers trying make it sound like Trump won some mandate. He didn't. He has very strong and loud support in his core. But the bottom line facts, if we look at the American voters numbers and consider how close the election was in voter numbers in key electoral college states, Trump is arguably the second least supported presidential winner ever. He also comes into office with the lowest voter approval rating ever.

You're just mad, VOR. Get over it. He won, go play with some coloring books or play doh. Better yet get a job and stop living off the government!

And he beat Hillary. What's that say about her?

That she had an even lower amount of support. I have no doubt if she had won she would have entered office with the lowest president elect voter approval rating ever, probably lower than Trump's.

I may add this disclaimer to all my political posts going forward.

NOTICE:The opinion posted above is meant to be an impartial viewpoint. I am not a Hillary Clinton supporter. I voted for all Republicans in this election except for Trump. Despite voting against Trump, I am excited about a good number of his proposals and welcome a drastic change in Washington.

I don't think Trump has a mandate, but I do think the Obama/Democratic policies were on the ballot and the vote in most states was for change. Our Country is very divided, but it was the divided far before this election.

His approval is definitely trending up. I will be interested to see what it is when he takes office. IMO, the Carrier deal will send him above 50% next week or whenver it is polled again.

Donald Trump Favorable Rating - Polls - HuffPost Pollster

That she had an even lower amount of support. I have no doubt if she had won she would have entered office with the lowest president elect voter approval rating ever, probably lower than Trump's.

I may add this disclaimer to all my political posts going forward.

NOTICE:The opinion posted above is meant to be an impartial viewpoint. I am not a Hillary Clinton supporter. I voted for all Republicans in this election except for Trump. Despite voting against Trump, I am excited about a good number of his proposals and welcome a drastic change in Washington.

Fantastic post! I think most agree it was a bad year for politics! Lesser of two evils.

Great post. I would say the nation was pretty divided when the following won: John .Quincy Adams, Abraham Lincoln, Woodrow Wilson, JFK, Richard Nixon, George W Bush.

The bolded is not even close.

Clinton was well under a majority his first time and still under the majority his 2nd term.

Most Democratic Presidents have had less than the majority or only a small fraction over the 50% mark backing them over history. Obama (1st term), LBJ, Roosevelt in this century. Jackson in the 19th century.

To paint Trump as historically unpopular is not at all accurate.

Source:

List of United States presidential elections by popular vote margin - Wikipedia

Additional - 3rd parties who ran strong.

Most Successful Third Party US Presidential Candidates - WorldAtlas.com