November 11, 20169 yr Come on Lawnboy... really? Hundreds of voices speaking a unified message brings solidarity and a sense of hope. It is uplifting, healing, and actually…. very very American. Proud of my hometown tonight! Hope for what????? Overturn the election? Bottomline, they walk around for a couple hours a night disrupting traffic, yelling and screaming, and at the end of the day (night) they just wasted a bunch of time and Donald Trump is still the President-Elect. But hey, if this is what they want to do knock yourself out, but to me this is nothing but a colossal waste of time that will accomplish ZERO.
November 11, 20169 yr You're a cool cat and I'm thankful in these trying times to see people like you who share the sentiment that politics shouldn't and don't have to divide us. It's folks like you that give me hope. :thumb: Will have to have you over in the next couple weeks, I'll keep in touch. Maybe we can get @Jesse James @Hellcats and a few others to join us, and we can have a big round table discussion. :thumb:
November 11, 20169 yr Will have to have you over in the next couple weeks, I'll keep in touch. Maybe we can get @Jesse James @Hellcats and a few others to join us, and we can have a big round table discussion. :thumb: I am in that area alot now that my daughter moved there. I have no ill will toward anyone at all and am open to talk to anyone. Especially if you have free food. Ill even buy @Hellcats food.. Edited November 11, 20169 yr by Jesse James
November 11, 20169 yr Hope for what????? Overturn the election? Bottomline, they walk around for a couple hours a night disrupting traffic, yelling and screaming, and at the end of the day (night) they just wasted a bunch of time and Donald Trump is still the President-Elect. But hey, if this is what they want to do knock yourself out, but to me this is nothing but a colossal waste of time that will accomplish ZERO. I don’t expect you to get it, no worries. But the hope is that in one way, shape or form – the Donald IS listening and will CARE about the concerns of so many.
November 11, 20169 yr Hope for what????? Overturn the election? Bottomline, they walk around for a couple hours a night disrupting traffic, yelling and screaming, and at the end of the day (night) they just wasted a bunch of time and Donald Trump is still the President-Elect. But hey, if this is what they want to do knock yourself out, but to me this is nothing but a colossal waste of time that will accomplish ZERO. I agree it ain't my thing, but if I were young and a more progressive democrat like many are I'd be frustrated and want to get out and protest. In my old age I'd rather fuss behind a screen :taz:
November 11, 20169 yr Will have to have you over in the next couple weeks, I'll keep in touch. Maybe we can get @Jesse James @Hellcats and a few others to join us, and we can have a big round table discussion. :thumb: If you're wise, you need somebody like me to moderate. And control the music.
November 11, 20169 yr If you're wise, you need somebody like me to moderate. And control the music. Jim I think we all like the same music. Thats a start.
November 11, 20169 yr If you're wise, you need somebody like me to moderate. And control the music. Well I know a few groups that won't get any play. LOL
November 11, 20169 yr I don’t expect you to get it, no worries. But the hope is that in one way, shape or form – the Donald IS listening and will CARE about the concerns of so many. Now this is an answer I was looking for when I asked. Thanks.
November 11, 20169 yr These are not all protests. They are now burning and looting and rioting. Crybaby nation is throwing another tantrum. How sad that this group is part of the future of the nation.
November 11, 20169 yr These are not all protests. They are now burning and looting and rioting. Crybaby nation is throwing another tantrum. How sad that this group is part of the future of the nation. Eliminate the threats.
November 11, 20169 yr Half of this country is happy with the results of the election. Half of this country are not. Rationally we must move forward and hope for the best, but those who see this victory as a sign that the majority of the people have spoken need to take notice that "half" does not equate to the majority. Half is half. One half seems to be interested in the concerns of their half, while the other half is upset because they were hoping to see a country that is interested in the concerns of all. Hopefully we see a Donald Trump that is willing to maturely cooperate and try to unify this country. To win this election he had dramatically contributed to the divide. Hopefully that was just all an act to win and that he faces this job with fairness and a rational mind. There is a fear by many that our country has severely screwed up. I sincerely hope that he proves us wrong.
November 11, 20169 yr Tonight they are coming together in solidarity to express their disapproval. I LOVE it and glad we have the right, assuming it remains peaceful. However, I don’t care for the title of the protest, nor the chants that have been repeated in the recent rallies. Support is definitely a 2 way street, we’ll have to see, won’t we?! Do they really think all crying, moaning, and violence is going to change anything? Nope. Trump is still the president. These protesters are seeing how the right has felt for the last 8 years. The difference is they handled the defeat with grace.
November 11, 20169 yr Same thing that people accomplish at a funeral. They are memorializing the death of a country that was finally showing signs of being an all inclusive justice for all country being flipped overnight back to a white intolerant stranglehold. Puzzling to some but half of this country are in mourning. We will accept the democratic process, but it doesn't mean that we are happy with the results. This is not your average election where most can say "Alright, I didn't vote for him, but he seems like a decent guy and I can live with him being our president". The guy who won is the most controversial polarizing massively disliked person to ever become president. Even for those who do like him, this shouldn't be too hard to recognize and comprehend. Would have been the same if Clinton won dude, minus the rioting. Some of know how to act like adults. Time to grow up.
November 11, 20169 yr So much for peaceful protesting, the news reporting lots of property damage happening. With the mob mentality assaults on people soon to follow. If you don't know how to behave and you can't assemble peacefully then your little endeavour needs to be shut down. I'm tired of letting these little disgruntled brats tear stuff up in fits of rage everytime they have a disagreement. When my kids did that they got spanked. Time to spank the children.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.