BGP QOTD: Some Of Your Favorite Simple Pleasures?

Colonels_Wear_Blue

3 hours ago, BEChargers said:

Cracking an ice cold Yuengling after I've finished mowing the yard when it's like 90 degrees out.  

I definitely like Yuengling, but for that specific scenario, the lighter the beer (and the colder the beer) the better...so I'm usually opting for Coors Light or Miller Lite.

Also another similar simple pleasure, for me, is fishing an ice cold beer out of the cooler instead of the fridge. Like I want it to be so cold that my hand hurts just a little if I have to get any more than one beer out. If I'm hosting a cookout or picnic or anything like that, I have the drinks in the cooler on ice the night before....maybe even with a little salt added in with the ice.

Beer out of the cooler > Beer out of the fridge.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I definitely like Yuengling, but for that specific scenario, the lighter the beer (and the colder the beer) the better...so I'm usually opting for Coors Light or Miller Lite.

Also another similar simple pleasure, for me, is fishing an ice cold beer out of the cooler instead of the fridge. Like I want it to be so cold that my hand hurts just a little if I have to get any more than one beer out. If I'm hosting a cookout or picnic or anything like that, I have the drinks in the cooler on ice the night before....maybe even with a little salt added in with the ice.

Beer out of the cooler > Beer out of the fridge.

With today's refrigerators, I completely agree with you.  And my coolers are packed well in advance too.

However, growing up, my dad had an old 40s/50s light/mint green fridge that kept drinks borderline frozen.  You open a can, and it would have a nice layer of ice/slush at the top.  It wasn't full slush, just the top layer.  That's when I learned to appreciate an ice cold beer.  Lol.

• Like 1