Top 10 College Football (Division 1) Wins of All-Time

The same definitely can be said about OSU fans. Actually the fact that you make that claim about Notre Dame fans and Michigan fans and act like OSU fans aren't as bad support that.

Shoot the way I look at it, is the OSU fans are the most delusional, arrogant, annoying, crazy fans in college football. I view OSU fans as the same as many view UK basketball fans.

Michigan and ND fans are delusional in the sense that they actually believe they are the best programs in college football when they have won absolutely nothing in a LONG time. Michigan has 1/2 NC in 97 but before that you have to go back the 1940's before you find another one. ND hasn't won a NC since 88. Say what you want about OSU fans and there are certainly some bad apples amongst our fanbase just like everyone else's, but at least we have something to back up our words.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Michigan and ND fans are delusional in the sense that they actually believe they are the best programs in college football when they have won absolutely nothing in a LONG time. Michigan has 1/2 NC in 97 but before that you have to go back the 1940's before you find another one. ND hasn't won a NC since 88. Say what you want about OSU fans and there are certainly some bad apples amongst our fanbase just like everyone else's, but at least we have something to back up our words.

Not really. I've not seen a single Michigan claim they're the best. Ohio State fans do it all the time, which is laughable, but hey to each their own.

Shoot the way I look at it, is the OSU fans are the most delusional, arrogant, annoying, crazy fans in college football. I view OSU fans as the same as many view UK basketball fans.

Being a UK basketball, I hate that this is accurate. But I definitely agree with you. The two most delusional fan bases out there are UK bball fans and OSU football fans. Michigan & Notre Dame football fans don't come close to OSU.

Na, it's a game. I feel the same way about UK basketball and Patriots football. As soon as the final horn sounds, I'm over it.
Same here, but you have to have something to talk about before the next game. It's not baseball where you have a game the next day, sometimes it's ok to stew on things a little bit. That's part of what makes being a fan so great. You live and die by your team. Ohio State lost a game they had no business losing and I'm mad about it. I was really looking forward to that 15-0 season, but I guess I'll settle for beating Michigan, again, and another National Championship. Haha

Same here, but you have to have something to talk about before the next game. It's not baseball where you have a game the next day, sometimes it's ok to stew on things a little bit. That's part of what makes being a fan so great. You live and die by your team. Ohio State lost a game they had no business losing and I'm mad about it. I was really looking forward to that 15-0 season, but I guess I'll settle for beating Michigan, again, and another National Championship. Haha

The bolded isn't what makes sports great, it's what ruins it...

Delusional: characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.

You can't say OSU and Uk fans are the most delusional because their beliefs are largely backed up by facts. They're both top 2 in their respective sports in recent memory.

Delusional: characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.

You can't say OSU and Uk fans are the most delusional because their beliefs are largely backed up by facts. They're both top 2 in their respective sports in recent memory.

Ohio State fans, for the most part, believe their program is the greatest college football program of all-time. It wasn't true for the past, and it isn't true for the present. That's delusional.

Yes really. Fans that are so invested in a sporting event that it ruins their day or upsets them for the next week is the ugly side of the game.

I've never met anyone that truly lets it ruin their week. But I wish more people were passionate about their team. It makes it more fun to talk about. I hate all the wishy washy. While I may give you a bad time about Michigan I wish you would take the bait more and fight back. If we all agreed that Alabama was going to win every game it's boring and there would be nothing to talk about. It's fun for me to pick against Bama and Michigan because I truly hate them with a passion. But passion is not something that should be suppressed, it should be encouraged. Stupidity is what should be suppressed.

Ohio State fans, for the most part, believe their program is the greatest college football program of all-time. It wasn't true for the past, and it isn't true for the present. That's delusional.
You can't argue with the fact that since the turn of the millennium there hasn't been a more consistently successful program. USC and now Bama have had more dominant runs, but no one has been as consistently dominant as Ohio State. That is a delusion. You can argue it, but it isn't delusional.

So let me get this straight. You claim Notre Dame and Michigan fans can't claim their programs as the best football programs of all time. Hence the key words all time, since they haven't had as much recent success. Your stance is recent success means programs are better all time. That makes zero sense when talking about best programs of all time. If it's best programs currently then yeah obviously it's Bama, LSU, OSU, etc.

You do realize yes Notre Dames and Michigan's championships were in the past, just like now even OSU most recent title is the past. I'm sure 20 or even 10 years from now if OSU has a new coach and still no more titles. You wouldn't accept people claiming recent success as that meaning their programs as better all time. In 2001 I bet you still would have argued OSU was one of the best programs of all time even though they hadn't won a title since 1970 before the 2002 title. To put things in perspective since that 1970 title by OSU, OSU only has 2 titles and Notre Dame 3.

All titles by every team this season is in the past, but you can't pick and choose how long ago you go back in deciding the best programs of all time. Like it or not Notre Dame and Michigan are still 2 of the best programs of all time. Up until this year though OSU had had the more recent success, which Michigan is trying to change that.

So yeah you OSU fans are right up there with the fan bases you said as delusional. You have 2 titles since 1970 but act like you all been King of the college world still forever. You went 32 years between titles. Which as pointed out Notre Dame still has more titles since 1970. So yes OSU has recent success, but that does make you delusional to act like OSU has been dominating for a long time.

Edited by futurecoach

You can't argue with the fact that since the turn of the millennium there hasn't been a more consistently successful program. USC and now Bama have had more dominant runs, but no one has been as consistently dominant as Ohio State. That is a delusion. You can argue it, but it isn't delusional.

That's the thing OSU had not been dominant since the turn of the millinienum. As OSU fans like to point out about about Notre Dames National Title lost against Bama saying that showed they shouldn't have been there. The same then can be said about OSU 2 title losses against SEC teams when they got embarrassed as well that they shouldn't have been there and was lucky the big 10 was so down during those years. However I'm sure your delusional fan base would disagree even though you all use the same argument about Notre Dames title lost.

So basically OSU has had 2 years where they could be considered dominated since 2000 and those were the years they won it.

So let me get this straight. You claim Notre Dame and Michigan fans can't claim their programs as the best football programs of all time. Hence the key words all time, since they haven't had as much recent success. Your stance is recent success means programs are better all time. That makes zero sense when talking about best programs of all time. If it's best programs currently then yeah obviously it's Bama, LSU, OSU, etc.

You do realize yes Notre Dames and Michigan's championships were in the past, just like now even OSU most recent title is the past. I'm sure 20 or even 10 years from now if OSU has a new coach and still no more titles. You wouldn't accept people claiming recent success as that meaning their programs as better all time. In 2001 I bet you still would have argued OSU was one of the best programs of all time even though they hadn't won a title since 1970 before the 2002 title. To put things in perspective since that 1970 title by OSU, OSU only has 2 titles and Notre Dame 3.

All titles by every team this season is in the past, but you can't pick and choose how long ago you go back in deciding the best programs of all time. Like it or not Notre Dame and Michigan are still 2 of the best programs of all time. Up until this year though OSU had had the more recent success, which Michigan is trying to change that.

So yeah you OSU fans are right up there with the fan bases you said as delusional. You have 2 titles since 1970 but act like you all been King of the college world still forever. You went 32 years between titles. Which as pointed out Notre Dame still has more titles since 1970. So yes OSU has recent success, but that does make you delusional to act like OSU has been dominating for a long time.

I'm not saying the past doesn't matter, ND and Michigan have a tradition and history. But their history doesn't matter anymore. Sports are a what have you done for me lately proposition and that is how I look at it. The majority of the players on ND and Michigan can't remember a time when their program was dominating college football. I have never once talked about all time. I'm talking about my reality and the way I see the world of college football. In my lifetime of college football its Ohio State, Alabama, LSU, FSU, and USC. That is the class of college football to me. Like I told UKMF, you take the all time wins and I'll take recent dominance and National Championships because that is the current reality of college football. To say Ohio State hasn't been dominant is simply false. They have been national championship relevant basically every year since the turn of the millennium. 11 out of 15 years they have been national championship relevant. If that isn't dominance I don't know what is.