Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russell vs Ashland moved to Saturday night

Featured Replies

Finally, an intelligent post about this....thank you cvillecat:thumb:

 

See you in cville!!

:thumb: I will be there,rain or shine (pun intended) and look forward to buying you a cup of coffee.

  • Replies 286
  • Views 20.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There has been a steady rain since yesterday afternoon. Make no mistake, it is very wet. But this is football and I have seen games played in worse conditions than this.

 

 

No doubt. If you don't like playing in bad weather, start a flag-football team and play in the gym. What a joke!

The game date has been changed and all the crying in the world will not change that. It has been done. So why is there so much negative talk & disrespect toward another program. If anyone on here was involved in the decision making then they know the real reason for the change and if you were not involved in that decision then you can only form your opinion as to why it was. Are any of the people that has complained not going to the game tomorrow? I doubt it. Instead of complaining, how about coming out to the stadium and give the guys that are busting their tails some much needed help at trying to get the field ready!! I am sure they would appreciate all the help they can get!!!:thumb:

Respect goes both ways. There is not much respect given to either side in this thread. I do know that Russell would rather have played this game as it was scheduled. As for opinions, that is what this forum is for. Nobody has to like or agree with all of them.

 

Bottom line is there is no good reason why this game should have been postponed.

Choosing to believe the decision was made to side with safety issues and turf condition, let's hope both teams can keep themselves motivated for another day. It is hard to get all pumped up and then be let down. I just wish I was going to be in town tomorrow night so I could go to this game since the date has been changed! Good Luck to both teams! I'll be checking out the score!

Its going to be funny if this the only game cancelled in KY tonight..lol Especially since Estern Kntucky is flooded and all.

BR - Bottom line is none of us here really know the actual reason in that none of us were part of the decision....but, if you take the time to read the thread, there is much speculation ranging from financial to safety to turf condition to cowardice...depends on your mindset.

 

You wont find any happy campers on this thread though.

:thumb: :thumb: Good observations painter, it is what it is and no one can change it now.

Its going to be funny if this the only game cancelled in KY tonight..lol Especially since Estern Kntucky is flooded and all.

You better be ready to laugh.

Respect goes both ways. There is not much respect given to either side in this thread. I do know that Russell would rather have played this game as it was scheduled. As for opinions, that is what this forum is for. Nobody has to like or agree with all of them.

 

Bottom line is there is no good reason why this game should have been postponed.

FBALL, I have seen no disrespect from any Ashland fan about this thread but on the other hand there have been many from other programs. Don't you really think that the kids from either program want to play this game just as much as the other, after all, it is about the kids and not us. I respect your opinion as well as anyones else but I do not recall anyone telling anyone they have to agree or disagree.

If all you devils & tomcat fans really want to see a ball game tonight then hope in the car and come down US-23 to Louisa it might not be the best game but I'm giveing the invite to all of you .:walk: But if you don't want to thats ok I might see you all at putnam tomorrow night because I love to watch high school football . If you don't come and watch LC & Belfry then find a game to go and watch because this is football weather and you gatta love it :jump:

If you all can get out of the floodwaters by boat/raft/heilpcopter/etc. then I suggest a couple of games in central KY tonight:

 

Boyle at Danville

 

Madison Central at Tates Creek

FBALL

Why in the world did we play that 4-6 year-old flag football game yesterday in the rain?

I might file a lawsuit if my boy gets sick.:thumb:

Go ahead cubster, I hear Pefator and Perfator are looking for work.:laugh: :laugh: If there was any doubt before that you are true Red Devil you have just answered it........Whing and crying :cry: about anything and everything that you can.:sssh: qualifies you as a bonified Russell Red Devil :D ........................ O.K. guys, don't get excxited, I was kidding. :lol:

I'm wondering why no one has mentioned the fact that rain slowing down Ashland's passing attack might have played into the equation.

 

I'm not saying that it was a reason, but I figured we'd have heard it by now.

I just waded out onto Winchester Avenue with a fishing pole and caught a nice sized one with a big smile on its face. It is a catfish.

All joking aside why is this game postponed? It really isn't raining hard.
Making sure they have enough money for the Huntington buyout?

 

Oh, you said all joking aside ... :lol:

Ashland and Johnson Central played last year in a swamp at Putman Stad. This is strictly about the dough baby. When did football games start getting cancelled for rain?

Maybe I'm just upset because I can't go on Saturday.

 

 

2002

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.