Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russell vs Ashland moved to Saturday night

Featured Replies

But 1 day will NOT dry the field. The damage done tomorrow will still be irreparable. Russell fans would have turned out rain or shine. And I don't know if tomorrows forecast is all that much more football friendly. As for both teams agreeing I cannot say for sure. If necessary I could call Russell's AD to confirm. So in the interest of the teams or the fans I still cannot understand how much difference 1 day will make.

 

Call him if you want. But the people who get paid to make the decisions made them, both you and I have to live with it. So quit thinking there is some vast conspiracy to this postponement. Its nothing more than a way ot try and give everyone involved the best football game possible!

  • Replies 286
  • Views 20.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But 1 day will NOT dry the field. The damage done tomorrow will still be irreparable. Russell fans would have turned out rain or shine. And I don't know if tomorrows forecast is all that much more football friendly. As for both teams agreeing I cannot say for sure. If necessary I could call Russell's AD to confirm. So in the interest of the teams or the fans I still cannot understand how much difference 1 day will make.

 

 

I can assure you 1 day will make no difference unless they bring out helicopters to dry the field. Start your engines.

I can assure you 1 day will make no difference unless they bring out helicopters to dry the field. Start your engines.

I can tell you that that idea was mentioned today.

I can tell you that that idea was mentioned today.

 

Bring them on.

Bring them on.

 

A bunch of you Russell guys should get together and go to Putnam because your always blowin hot air........;) j/k :thumb:

Call him if you want. But the people who get paid to make the decisions made them, both you and I have to live with it. So quit thinking there is some vast conspiracy to this postponement. Its nothing more than a way ot try and give everyone involved the best football game possible!

 

I think nothing of a vast conspiracy. I just don't think that postponing it one day will make absolutely any difference in the quality of the game. You do stand a chance of having a better gate because it's the only game in town. But I can honestly say from what I have witnessed over the years is that the Russell fans would have packed their sidelines rain or shine. But as everyone has said we have no choice in the matter. I'll be there tomorrow night just like everyone else.

A bunch of you Russell guys should get together and go to Putnam because your always blowin hot air........;) j/k :thumb:

 

Kettle meet Pot............:D

A bunch of you Russell guys should get together and go to Putnam because your always blowin hot air........;) j/k :thumb:

 

You know that might do it. Except Russell loves the mud. That Wing T is great in the mud.

 

Okay lets be honest. Who do you really truely pick to win on Saturday. Russell or Ashland. Now be honest. Think with your brain not your heart.

WOW, I would imagine that would really scare the tomcats players! My guess is Ashland will probably just go ahead an skip this game all together, those Devils sound pretty scary:eek: :lol: :lol:

 

Might as well stay home, Kittens hate water !!!!! Doesnt matter if its tonight or tomorrow the water will still be here.

Ever seen a cat in water ?????

pcat.jpg

 

:flame: Ashlands secret weapon??????

 

 

Thats really cute! But have you ever tried to grab hold of a cat thats in the water?? Not a pretty sight they will tear you to shreads! :scared: Ha, cats and water thats so original, never heard that one before! :sleep: cmon :devil:ologists you can do better than that??:p

You know that might do it. Except Russell loves the mud. That Wing T is great in the mud.

 

Okay lets be honest. Who do you really truely pick to win on Saturday. Russell or Ashland. Now be honest. Think with your brain not your heart.

 

Do you even have to ask.....cmon you should know me better than that.

I just waded out onto Winchester Avenue with a fishing pole and caught a nice sized one with a big smile on its face. It is a catfish.

 

 

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Hiliarious Scooterbob! ^5

Sorry to disappoint you BADCAT. Tire tracks will kill a field though. I had nothing to do with the tractor either.

 

That day off thing was way below the belt. But I'd believe anything as far what you had to go through to trade for it.:p

 

 

Cmon F-BALL your always going for the quick knock out punch!!! I thought you would appreaciate that!:thumb: I felt like I could say that because I have been there as you know!!

The bottom line is this. It is raining now and has been for two days. The damage done to the field would be irrepairable, the quality of the game would be compromised, and the fan turnout would be minimal. In the interest of the fans and teams involved the game was moved to a day where the forecast is much more suitable for both players and fans. The best chance for both teams to perform at their best is tomorrow and BOTH schools agreed to the postponement. End of story.

 

It is just amazing that this reason wasn't "the bottom line" for all the other area schools that played tonight. What were they all thinking?:jump:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.