Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russell vs Ashland moved to Saturday night

Featured Replies

Should not make big SETH ANGRY, you wount like him when he is angry.

 

 

They really don't want to make Seth "The Beastman" Harvey mad!!!!

  • Replies 286
  • Views 20.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I remember a game in Belfry in 1983 we played on a field that you could only see 8 orange pylon markers for the end zone, no joke the entire field was under water, no side lines or white lines anywhere.

We joke about stuff on here with each other but I think this is the WORST call in recent history.

The word I heard was that ASHLAND called and RUSSELL said they wanted to play, Ashland said NO and said we are cancelling.....Russell did not agree but Ashland said we are cancelling it, SORRY.....

Sam Sparks and Russell are classy, so therefore it doesnt matter what Russell wants to do.... No matter that they did not agree upon.....Ashland WAS NOT PLAYING TONIGHT !!!!!!!

My thoughts for Russell.... POUND IT DOWN ASHLANDS THROAT, and when everyone in the region is at the game tomorrow, and Ashland is leaning back-fat with the gate money, and everyone is watching from Eastern Kentucky and Southern Ohio----- watch the DEVILS make the kittens wish they would have stayed in side in the nice DRY cold walls of their HOLY GRAIL OF A RELIC.

RUSSELL-48

ASHLAND- 00

Should not make big SETH ANGRY, you wount like him when he is angry.

WOW, I would imagine that would really scare the tomcats players! My guess is Ashland will probably just go ahead an skip this game all together, those Devils sound pretty scary:eek: :lol: :lol:

 

I'am pretty sure BOTH teams need to agree on cancelation or it would be a forfeit? Someone check me on this "Im sure you will":D

Yea, Maybe one of the players of this game was scheduled to go on a college visit to a Big East school. Not now, he'll have to call them and tell them why he can't be there.... And they'll probably laugh.

 

 

 

I'll drive Kasey to UC tomorrow evening if he still wants to go. :D

2002

 

Well then, when did they start cancelling games because it rained earlier in the day? Seriously the only logical explanation for this cancellation is to increase the gate. Really the rainfall in the Ashland area hasn't been any thing I would consider to be unusually large.

With the weather report for tomorrow being the same as today the field will even be worse. I'm wondering if they will cancel it for tomorrow???

With the weather report for tomorrow being the same as today the field will even be worse. I'm wondering if they will cancel it for tomorrow???

 

 

It isn't the same according to WSAZ.

WOW, I would imagine that would really scare the tomcats players! My guess is Ashland will probably just go ahead an skip this game all together, those Devils sound pretty scary:eek: :lol: :lol:

 

Might as well stay home, Kittens hate water !!!!! Doesnt matter if its tonight or tomorrow the water will still be here.

Ever seen a cat in water ?????

pcat.jpg

 

Ashlands secret weapon??????

It isn't the same according to WSAZ.

 

I was looking at the national weather service. WSAZ is probable more accurate. We will all find out.

FBALL, I have seen no disrespect from any Ashland fan about this thread but on the other hand there have been many from other programs. Don't you really think that the kids from either program want to play this game just as much as the other, after all, it is about the kids and not us. I respect your opinion as well as anyones else but I do not recall anyone telling anyone they have to agree or disagree.

I think you should read more carefully. Or at least without prejudice.

News flash !!! Latests pictures from Putnam Stadium. Yep it looks bad..

cat_flood.jpg

I seem to recall that so called DUMP being Russells Holy Grail one night a few years ago during a playoff game, When Russells sorry excuse for a field "turf" had a giant tractor stuck in the middle of it trying to dry it out "that was real genius":lol: :lol: !!! So I will put in a bad word for you guys next time a friend in need, needs a helping hand or a nice field to play on when your own looks like a tractor pull pit!;):D

 

 

But just for the record I think they should have played conditions don't seem to be quite that bad? Although I have not been by the field this morning? Maybe if it was played on it would cause to much damage this early in the season?

f-ball you would not beleive what I went through to get this trade to be off friday eve. You didn't have that problem did you?:p just kidding!

 

 

 

REALLY DISAPPOINTED: BADCAT

 

Sorry to disappoint you BADCAT. Tire tracks will kill a field though. I had nothing to do with the tractor either.

 

That day off thing was way below the belt. But I'd believe anything as far what you had to go through to trade for it.:p

WOW, I would imagine that would really scare the tomcats players! My guess is Ashland will probably just go ahead an skip this game all together, those Devils sound pretty scary:eek: :lol: :lol:

 

I'am pretty sure BOTH teams need to agree on cancelation or it would be a forfeit? Someone check me on this "Im sure you will":D

 

I would like to respond to that.

Now, I am not happy the game is moved at all, but there is absolutely nothing

I can do about right now. What further upsets me is that there is hardly a

mist falling right now and for as good a stadium as Putnam is, I am surprised

that the game was moved (especially on a long weekend). However...

 

We must keep in mind that Ashland is probably the best team remaining on

Russell's schedule. To drop this game (and win by forfeit) then they would

lose their best measuring stick for this season. Now I can not say that this

is the truth, or even that this is likely the thinking of Mr. Sparks, but I believe

it could have played into his decision to not fight what seems to me to be a

little rediculous.

 

All this aside, there are some positives. Likely, for Ashland, they will get a

bigger gate. Both teams will play a little more safely because the field will be

a little bit drier. But to me, a lot of atmosphere will be lost. First, both fan

bases will hurt a bit and it is much more fun (and a better atmosphere) when

both schools' masses show up in full force. Also detracting from the atmosphere

is the fact that both bands, cheerleaders, etc. likely will not show up in full

force. Things go on and people make plans around schedules that are supposed

to be locked in and no matter what some of us (mostly a constituent of die-

hards say) everybody can't change plans in 36 hours.

 

I don't think this will do a whole lot to the ballgame itself, but as a fan, I like

being in a football atmosphere (and a little rain never hurt that for me).

How do you figure the field will be dryer?? It's going to rain tomorrow.

Was this a decision made by Ashland or was this an agreement between the two schools?

Ashland heard from a players dad.:madman:

Where is GIAT. He will know what the real deal is here.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.