Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russell vs Ashland moved to Saturday night

Featured Replies

Why is the Ashland/Russell game the only game in the state that is postponed. Did this monsoon only hit the Ashland area? :lol:

  • Replies 286
  • Views 20.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is just amazing that this reason wasn't "the bottom line" for all the other area schools that played tonight. What were they all thinking?:jump:

 

Obviously those other school's AD's arent as consciencous as Ashland's AD. :thumb:

Why is the Ashland/Russell game the only game in the state that is postponed. Did this monsoon only hit the Ashland area? :lol:

 

No, but the Boyd County/Ashland area has been hit the hardest. Parts of Boyd County recieved 3 inches of rain Wednesday alone. This is Friday and as I type this Im looking out the window watching it rain. At least two times this week schools in Boyd County have been let out early due to flooding. Anyone who can't realize that there is a lot of water saturation right now probably needs a nap.

Do you even have to ask.....cmon you should know me better than that.

 

Dang another Russell fan with a Tomcat hat.

No, but the Boyd County/Ashland area has been hit the hardest. Parts of Boyd County recieved 3 inches of rain Wednesday alone. This is Friday and as I type this Im looking out the window watching it rain. At least two times this week schools in Boyd County have been let out early due to flooding. Anyone who can't realize that there is a lot of water saturation right now probably needs a nap.

 

Hey the Boyd County game started. Boyd county needs to pay attention to the Tomcats. Lead the way.

The Boyd County players showed up with scuba gear. They were going to be prepaired. Just kidding.

Cmon F-BALL your always going for the quick knock out punch!!! I thought you would appreaciate that!:thumb: I felt like I could say that because I have been there as you know!!

Don't sweat it BADCAT, I've been jabbing all day. A knock out punch would get this thread closed or me suspended if you know what I mean. And I know you do.;)

 

Below the belt was probably to strong. I can appreciate the humor because I know you've been there.:thumb:

Im sorry but I know for a FACT that you are completely and totally 100% wrong. Both schools agreed to this, and the possibility of moving the game to Saturday was discussed by both schools early this week. FACT!

 

The bottom line is this. It is raining now and has been for two days. The damage done to the field would be irrepairable, the quality of the game would be compromised, and the fan turnout would be minimal. In the interest of the fans and teams involved the game was moved to a day where the forecast is much more suitable for both players and fans. The best chance for both teams to perform at their best is tomorrow and BOTH schools agreed to the postponement. End of story.

 

That is not the end of the story. Why was it being discussed earlier in the week when the forcast at that time was calling for the rain to end Thursday? If you don't believe me go back and look at the newspaper from Monday and Tuesday.

 

You are correct that Russell did agree to postpone, but they were not happy about it. What other choice did they really have. Forfeit, I don't think so. They wanted the game to played and this is the only way for that to happen.

Hey the Boyd County game started. Boyd county needs to pay attention to the Tomcats. Lead the way.

 

They usually do follow our lead. :thumb:

 

They did let parents start coming to pick up their kids today around 11 though, due to the flooding. I would say the reason their game wasn't cancelled also has a lot to do with the distance Pike Central had to travel to play the game. Russell is a 5 minute drive from Putnam. Cancelling the BC/PikeCentral game would have caused a lot more inconviniences than doing the same for the Russell/Ashland game would have.

That is not the end of the story. Why was it being discussed earlier in the week when the forcast at that time was calling for the rain to end Thursday? If you don't believe me go back and look at the newspaper from Monday and Tuesday.

 

I dont know, I just know that it was mentioned. And I dont keep the newspapaer laying around for 3 or 4 days.

They usually do follow our lead. :thumb:

 

They did let parents start coming to pick up their kids today around 11 though, due to the flooding. I would say the reason their game wasn't cancelled also has a lot to do with the distance Pike Central had to travel to play the game. Russell is a 5 minute drive from Putnam. Cancelling the BC/PikeCentral game would have caused a lot more inconviniences than doing the same for the Russell/Ashland game would have.

 

You know all this conversation and I still have not heard the actual reason why The Russell/Ashland game was the only one that could not be played due to weather conditions. Please someone tell us. I've heard what a lot of people think. Get Andy,s mother on here she will know. Where's aunt Bee.

You know all this conversation and I still have not heard the actual reason why The Russell/Ashland game was the only one that could not be played due to weather conditions. Please someone tell us. I've heard what a lot of people think. Get Andy,s mother on here she will know. Where's aunt Bee.

 

 

Who's Andy's mother? :confused:

Who's Andy's mother? :confused:

 

Andy of Mayberry

You know all this conversation and I still have not heard the actual reason why The Russell/Ashland game was the only one that could not be played due to weather conditions. Please someone tell us. I've heard what a lot of people think. Get Andy,s mother on here she will know. Where's aunt Bee.

 

First of all it's not the "only" game in the tri-state area that was postponed, it's just the only people want to complain about. Secondly, the reason it was moved to Saturday is because that is when the people who get paid to make that decision decided the game should be played. It's that simple, the decision has been made, the game will be played tomorrow, people will still show up, and from what CNN is telling me, the world will still be spinning.

Andy of Mayberry

Bea would be Andy's Aunt.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.