Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russell vs Ashland moved to Saturday night

Featured Replies

Yea, that shows exactly how much class Russell has, NONE.

 

 

And that shows how much class some fans have. You simply cannot lump every Russell fan under that umbrella. Doing so makes you even worse that they are.:rolleyes:

  • Replies 286
  • Views 20.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't like the idea as, personally, I wish they were playing tonight. But I don't think it's right to absolutely rip Ashland and the administration for this decision. Knowing Mr. Swift and the rest of the Ashland administration very well, I can say with quite a bit of confidence that this decision was made not as a subversive way to undermine Russell and increase the chances for a Tomcat victory. Swift was more likely trying to appease as many people as possible here. Quite frankly, they probably freaked out and jumped the gun since the decision was made so early, but I think it's a far cry to exclaim this to be the worst decision in recent history.

 

Look, this is a big game. Honestly, it's probably both teams marquee game of the year, and since Ashland doesn't play Ironton, this is the game both teams would most love to win. It's also going to be the game most people want to see, no matter where it is played. So I'm sure the decision was made with the comfort of the fans, safety of the players, and, yes, dollar signs in mind. So when you're sitting in your dry seats enjoying the game on a warm, sunny evening (hopefully), I'm sure you wouldn't wish it to be cold and raining. The fans on here would be at the game, but half of the would be crowd would sit at home sadly. It's not the first time a game time has been changed to increase revenue, it sure won't be the last.

 

If Russell was going to run all over us tonight, they will tomorrow. If we were going to stop them tonight, we will tomorrow. It's a special game, and it being on Saturday night will be even more special. All fans should appriciate the fact the game will take place in (hopefully) dryer conditions, and stop ripping Ashland for doing something you believe is simply to give Ashland an advantage. It's just not the case.

 

And I'm sure Russell fans will appriciate the fact we are trying to keep the condition of our field as best as we can just in case you need to use our "Old Dump" in an emergency situation when your place isn't it game condition. ;)

Maybe all of the rain will wash some of the crud off of that old dump.
Maybe at one time it was a dump, but that was before GIAT and Daddy Dickie started coming in on sundays and doing all that spiffy-up stuff. :thumb:
Russell's crew.............:confused: :confused: :confused:

Yea, I would listen to it just to hear the game. Granted Russells crew is terrible and you can barely tell that they know a game is actually being played or what the heck is happening. A person can get a little out of it and maybe hear a correct score every now and then.

Yea, I would listen to it just to hear the game. Granted Russells crew is terrible and you can barely tell that they know a game is actually being played or what the heck is happening. A person can get a little out of it and maybe hear a correct score every now and then.

 

I'll give you that. As much as it pains me to say it Dickie does a MUCH better job of play by play and keeps you into the game. He's just a BIT to opinionated for my tastes. But I will be listening to him while I watch the game tomorrow night.:D

I don't like the idea as, personally, I wish they were playing tonight. But I don't think it's right to absolutely rip Ashland and the administration for this decision. Knowing Mr. Swift and the rest of the Ashland administration very well, I can say with quite a bit of confidence that this decision was made not as a subversive way to undermine Russell and increase the chances for a Tomcat victory. Swift was more likely trying to appease as many people as possible here. Quite frankly, they probably freaked out and jumped the gun since the decision was made so early, but I think it's a far cry to exclaim this to be the worst decision in recent history.

 

Look, this is a big game. Honestly, it's probably both teams marquee game of the year, and since Ashland doesn't play Ironton, this is the game both teams would most love to win. It's also going to be the game most people want to see, no matter where it is played. So I'm sure the decision was made with the comfort of the fans, safety of the players, and, yes, dollar signs in mind. So when you're sitting in your dry seats enjoying the game on a warm, sunny evening (hopefully), I'm sure you wouldn't wish it to be cold and raining. The fans on here would be at the game, but half of the would be crowd would sit at home sadly. It's not the first time a game time has been changed to increase revenue, it sure won't be the last.

 

If Russell was going to run all over us tonight, they will tomorrow. If we were going to stop them tonight, we will tomorrow. It's a special game, and it being on Saturday night will be even more special. All fans should appriciate the fact the game will take place in (hopefully) dryer conditions, and stop ripping Ashland for doing something you believe is simply to give Ashland an advantage. It's just not the case.

 

And I'm sure Russell fans will appriciate the fact we are trying to keep the condition of our field as best as we can just in case you need to use our "Old Dump" in an emergency situation when your place isn't it game condition. ;)

 

 

I think your post is right on the money. I will say that I think the decision was made for two reasons and comfort of the fans wasn't one of them. 1. Money. 2. Preservation of the playing surface. In my opinion neither are good reasons. I just hope every school doesn't start postponing games that have potential big date if the weather is less that good.

 

Everyone enjoy the excitement tomorrow. I will be working.

This was totally Ashland's decision...No agreement was made...Russell was contacted afterward...I believe the officials were even contacted before Russell was...

 

Im sorry but I know for a FACT that you are completely and totally 100% wrong. Both schools agreed to this, and the possibility of moving the game to Saturday was discussed by both schools early this week. FACT!

I'm wondering why no one has mentioned the fact that rain slowing down Ashland's passing attack might have played into the equation.

 

I'm not saying that it was a reason, but I figured we'd have heard it by now.

 

Same here J.B. - I was surprised it took until page 3 to mention this. Ashland's passing game would be severly hampered in these rainy conditons. On the other hand since Russell only throws about 3 -5 times a game (if that much!!) it would definetly swing the advantage to the wing-t and the grind it out football style of Ivan's Red Devils.

Respect goes both ways. There is not much respect given to either side in this thread. I do know that Russell would rather have played this game as it was scheduled. As for opinions, that is what this forum is for. Nobody has to like or agree with all of them.

 

Bottom line is there is no good reason why this game should have been postponed.

 

The bottom line is this. It is raining now and has been for two days. The damage done to the field would be irrepairable, the quality of the game would be compromised, and the fan turnout would be minimal. In the interest of the fans and teams involved the game was moved to a day where the forecast is much more suitable for both players and fans. The best chance for both teams to perform at their best is tomorrow and BOTH schools agreed to the postponement. End of story.

Same here J.B. - I was surprised it took until page 3 to mention this. Ashland's passing game would be severly hampered in these rainy conditons. On the other hand since Russell only throws about 3 -5 times a game (if that much!!) it would definetly swing the advantage to the wing-t and the grind it out football style of Ivan's Red Devils.

 

:lol: Ashland has had more rushing yards than passing yards so far this season. :thumb: You guys are really comin up with some good stuff. :lol:

Im sorry but I know for a FACT that you are completely and totally 100% wrong. Both schools agreed to this, and the possibility of moving the game to Saturday was discussed by both schools early this week. FACT!

 

 

I knew you could bring some good information. Thanks. Do you know the official reason though.

The bottom line is this. It is raining now and has been for two days. The damage done to the field would be irrepairable, the quality of the game would be compromised, and the fan turnout would be minimal. In the interest of the fans and teams involved the game was moved to a day where the forecast is much more suitable for both players and fans. The best chance for both teams to perform at their best is tomorrow and BOTH schools agreed to the postponement. End of story.

 

I guess I should have kept reading. Now if we would have known this at 10:30 AM this morning all that dart throwing could have been avoided. Oh well thanks for the information it should cool things off.

 

It should be a great game. Can't wait.

The bottom line is this. It is raining now and has been for two days. The damage done to the field would be irrepairable, the quality of the game would be compromised, and the fan turnout would be minimal. In the interest of the fans and teams involved the game was moved to a day where the forecast is much more suitable for both players and fans. The best chance for both teams to perform at their best is tomorrow and BOTH schools agreed to the postponement. End of story.

 

But 1 day will NOT dry the field. The damage done tomorrow will still be irreparable. Russell fans would have turned out rain or shine. And I don't know if tomorrows forecast is all that much more football friendly. As for both teams agreeing I cannot say for sure. If necessary I could call Russell's AD to confirm. So in the interest of the teams or the fans I still cannot understand how much difference 1 day will make.

This has to be a record. 178 posts for the cancellation of a game. WOW

I knew you could bring some good information. Thanks. Do you know the official reason though.

 

See post #174. Basically it boils down to the fact that Saturday is forecasted to be a better night for football for everyone involved in the game on both sides, fans, cheerleaders, players, and staff. Obviously I would be there in the rain if they played tonight and Im sure the Russell die hards would be there too. But I think we can all agree that we want Putnam Stadium filled on both sides to see a great game played in the best possible conditions and the best chance for all those things is Saturday night, and both schools agreed. :thumb: I guess thats as official a reason as I can think of.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.