Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russell vs Ashland moved to Saturday night

Featured Replies

Maybe all of the rain will wash some of the crud off of that old dump.

 

 

I seem to recall that so called DUMP being Russells Holy Grail one night a few years ago during a playoff game, When Russells sorry excuse for a field "turf" had a giant tractor stuck in the middle of it trying to dry it out "that was real genius":lol: :lol: !!! So I will put in a bad word for you guys next time a friend in need, needs a helping hand or a nice field to play on when your own looks like a tractor pull pit!;):D

 

 

But just for the record I think they should have played conditions don't seem to be quite that bad? Although I have not been by the field this morning? Maybe if it was played on it would cause to much damage this early in the season?

f-ball you would not beleive what I went through to get this trade to be off friday eve. You didn't have that problem did you?:p just kidding!

 

REALLY DISAPPOINTED: BADCAT

  • Replies 286
  • Views 20.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seriously, wouldn't some rivalries be better served (gate-wise, that is) by playing their games on Saturday nights? I would think that some rivalries (for example, Paducah Tilghman-Mayfield in my area) would attract more fans from the surrounding schools since they won't be at their teams' games.

2002
There was one night in 1990 when half of western Kentucky postponed games after a particularly strong late-afternoon monsoon. The only game played that night, Paducah Tilghman and Mayfield, took place in a mudhole.
I'm wondering why no one has mentioned the fact that rain slowing down Ashland's passing attack might have played into the equation.

 

I'm not saying that it was a reason, but I figured we'd have heard it by now.

 

 

 

 

You just need to read the post a little more carefully next time. Post #66 by FBALL. :D :D

 

 

 

 

I just came back in out of this monsoon. Man is it bad out there.:rolleyes:

 

Oddly enough the field at Henry R. Evans looks quite playable. No standing water and yes, it even has grass on it. All of this when a freshman game was played there last night in these extreme conditions. Amazing!

 

Maybe Russell could do the Tomcats a favor and allow them use that field. Oh wait, surely the crown jewell :rolleyes: (Putman Stadium) of the entire high school football stadium world can handle one game on a wet field. Maybe its just raining alot harder out there than I realized.

 

Or maybe the Kittycats would rather postpone the game until conditions are better for their own passing game. I guess desperate times call for desperate measures. :cry:

Missed it. Sorry

Seriously, wouldn't some rivalries be better served (gate-wise, that is) by playing their games on Saturday nights? I would think that some rivalries (for example, Paducah Tilghman-Mayfield in my area) would attract more fans from the surrounding schools since they won't be at their teams' games.

 

Valid point and a good idea. I think everyone is upset because this game was moved to Saturday only hours before kickoff. If the game had originally scheduled for Saturday, no big deal. The fact is, teams and fans make plans around their game schedule and throwing a curve ball like this at the last minute messes up everything regardless of the reason.

It's amazing that a thread informing people that a football game has been delayed due to weather can recieve 125+ posts in the little amount of time this one has. :lol:

On a side note, now that this game is set for Tommorrow night, any chance of Ashland's or Russell's radio crew going to Grayson and calling the Raceland/East game??????..........................O.K., I know the answer,:D it was worth a shot.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's amazing that a thread informing people that a football game has been delayed due to weather can recieve 125+ posts in the little amount of time this one has. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :thumb: and I am guilty of some of those post. I think it is called boredom.

On a side note, now that this game is set for Tommorrow night, any chance of Ashland's or Russell's radio crew going to Grayson and calling the Raceland/East game??????..........................O.K., I know the answer,:D it was worth a shot.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

 

 

Russell's crew.............:confused: :confused: :confused:

With the holiday weekend, I'd say there are MANY fans that have other plans for their Saturday night that didn't involve high school football. Many going out of town or having family get togethers and what not. I don't see these folks changing things up for a football game. Might be a smaller crowd tomorrow night than if they had just proceeded as planned.

 

 

Yea, Maybe one of the players of this game was scheduled to go on a college visit to a Big East school. Not now, he'll have to call them and tell them why he can't be there.... And they'll probably laugh.

Mayve if they were true fans they would change their plans. :D

 

 

Sometimes you can't just change your plans, I don't think that has anything to do with your dedication though. Sometimes things are scheduled in advance and are too important to miss.

I remember a game in Belfry in 1983 we played on a field that you could only see 8 orange pylon markers for the end zone, no joke the entire field was under water, no side lines or white lines anywhere.

We joke about stuff on here with each other but I think this is the WORST call in recent history.

The word I heard was that ASHLAND called and RUSSELL said they wanted to play, Ashland said NO and said we are cancelling.....Russell did not agree but Ashland said we are cancelling it, SORRY.....

Sam Sparks and Russell are classy, so therefore it doesnt matter what Russell wants to do.... No matter that they did not agree upon.....Ashland WAS NOT PLAYING TONIGHT !!!!!!!

My thoughts for Russell.... POUND IT DOWN ASHLANDS THROAT, and when everyone in the region is at the game tomorrow, and Ashland is leaning back-fat with the gate money, and everyone is watching from Eastern Kentucky and Southern Ohio----- watch the DEVILS make the kittens wish they would have stayed in side in the nice DRY cold walls of their HOLY GRAIL OF A RELIC.

RUSSELL-48

ASHLAND- 00

Should not make big SETH ANGRY, you wount like him when he is angry.

How is it that as you say, "They" did this. Doesn't both schools have to agree on the decision to play or move the game to another date, also does the KHSAA have to ok it ?

 

 

I'm not sure what the rule is concerning postponement before the game begins but if the game has already begun and they need to postpone, both schools have to decide what they want to do. I will check the KHSAA bylaws and get back to you.

The game date has been changed and all the crying in the world will not change that. It has been done. So why is there so much negative talk & disrespect toward another program. If anyone on here was involved in the decision making then they know the real reason for the change and if you were not involved in that decision then you can only form your opinion as to why it was. Are any of the people that has complained not going to the game tomorrow? I doubt it. Instead of complaining, how about coming out to the stadium and give the guys that are busting their tails some much needed help at trying to get the field ready!! I am sure they would appreciate all the help they can get!!!:thumb:

 

 

People are going to vent.... Many people from both sides are not happy about this and they're going to express that. That's what people do on here. I think it was a combination of 2 things that caused ASHLAND to postpone. 1. Is that they know it will draw a HUGE crowd tomorrow, rain or shine, and they will make big bucks.2. Purely tactical. A wet night would give Russell an advantage and Ashland a disadvantage. I really don't think it's going to make a difference but I guess some people want every little advantage they can get. That's fine, they can only delay the inevitable.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.