Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best high school football/basketball player ever in Kentucky

Featured Replies

I'll one up both of ya...I married a wonderful woman who didn't show her stuff off to the entire nation....and we have 5 kids...:ylsuper:

Maybe because you weren't the best football/basketball player ever in Kentucky?

  • Replies 153
  • Views 26.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe because you weren't the best football/basketball player ever in Kentucky?

Missed the point a little there didn't ya?....I wasn't close to the best...but I didn't settle for a woman that the whole country has seen naked either....I'll take the latter..thank you...:p

Missed the point a little there didn't ya?....I wasn't close to the best...but I didn't settle for a woman that the whole country has seen naked either....I'll take the latter..thank you...:p

That was intended as a joke. Sorry to have hit a nerve. It was not meant to.

That was intended as a joke. Sorry to have hit a nerve. It was not meant to.

didn't at all....just misunderstood....thought you missed it

I want one the whole country has seen naked. So every man could wish he was me.

I want one the whole country has seen naked. So every man could wish he was me.

Everyone has seen Rosanne Barr...remember the moonings???...there you go have at it!!!:rolleyes:

Tim Couch. He averaged 36 points a game his Junior year and won Mr. Football. I played and graduated with Tim, and trust me, he wasn't in many 2nd halfs and fourth quarters that year. It was a little different our senior year, and I think the whole recruiting process knocked down his basketball numbers a little, but he is the greatest basketball/football player in Kentucky high school

 

Anybody done anything close to that ?

Curtis Pulley deserves a mention as well.

 

The top two are:

1. Mike Bush

2. Derek Smith

 

I have to agree with ColonelCrazy on this one.

I'm sure I speak for Coach Forrest on this one, but DONTA SMITH made me look like a MUCH better coach when he played for me at Oldham County (helped us very nearly pull the upset AT Trinity during a regular season game in Brohm's Sophomore year).

 

Stick1 is right; he obviously had the bball talent (NBA draft pick) but how many people out there can say Frank Beamer thought they were good enough that he flew over the DAY BEFORE NATIONAL SIGNING DAY to do a home visit with you to talk you into choosing college football over college basketball?

 

Though I hope all his NBA dreams are fulfilled, if they're not, I'd say if he got serious about it, he could pretty easily pull an "Antonio Gates" and make the transition to BIG-TIME NFL receiver. (His play reminded me a LOT like PLAXICO BURRESS.) And, as much as I like coaching, I'd be GLAD to be his AGENT if that ever happened!:D

  • Author

Kissinger, in post #45, mentioned Paul Hornung. Although we are all aware of the Golden Boy's exploits on the gridiron , I found this snippet in an article about Hornung's high school career: "Hornung earned four varsity letters each in football, basketball and baseball. He was a good outside shooter at forward and once scored a record 32 points in the prestigious Louisville Invitation Tournament." A further indicator of his athletic ability: He was a good hitter in baseball, and played second base and pitched. As a pitcher, he threw a no-hitter!

Tim Couch..hands down.... National Player of the Year in Football where he obliterated records and brought attention never before seen to KY High Schools. In Basketball didn't he average around 30 a game?

 

As for Kenneal Jenkins.. I remember him well. Due to injuries and sickness my first extensive varsity playing time came my Sophomore year against Madison Central @ Mad. Central. I had to guard Marquise Estill and remember switching on a screen just to see Jenkins jump nearly over my head to dunk on me.

Who is the best high school football/basketball player ever to play in Kentucky high school? I have a starter list below as food for thought.

 

Derek Smith-Fort Thomas Highlands

 

Michael Bush-Male

 

Chris West-Manual

 

Jerome Perry-Manual

 

Roni Robinson-Frankfort

 

Tim Couch-Leslie County

 

Any others?

 

My Order- By achievement after High School

 

1) Paul Horning- Heisman Trophy and Super Bowl

2) Wah Wah Jones-Olympics

3) Tim Couch- #1 pick in Draft and 36 points/ game

4) Michael Bush- did you know he is number 5 in career receiving yards in the state? and played defense?

5) Donta Smith- Unbelievable football talent and playing professional basketball

Very difficult to pick one although Bush and Couch are the top two candidates in my mind. Bush was very effective at football and could literally contol a game by himself..... He demonstrated this on the bball court as well when necessary. Problably could have been more an impact player in bball if needed to be. Male was pretty good with him as a secondary scorer. He was content to score, really when he wanted to, but never had the desire ( so I observed) to over achieve in bball. Nevertheless, Ive seen him take the ball at the top of the circle and two dribbles on the drive past MtoM defense and go in for the dunk..... and not even look as if he is trying...... Pretty special...

 

Couch obviously had incredible numbers as a QB in HS.... Just have to question the caliber of defense he played against..... I dont think he won a State chmapionship as Leslie??? How come?? Anyone scoring 30 + avg. in basketball is very impressive and merits consideration as a significant impact player.....

Brohm could end up being the best quarterback ever to come out of the state of Kentucky after it is all said and done... but as far as him being considered one of the best football/basketball player's ever in the state I just don't see it.

 

I actually saw him basketball a few times he was more of a "big body" than impact player, IMO.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.