Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals 22 Dolphins 7

Featured Replies

How did Burfict look last night? Loved how loud the cheer was when they announced him.

  • Replies 62
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What? You guys had never met? I would never have guessed that.

 

I am fairly certain that was the first time that we had. I haven't met more than maybe 4-5 members.

A win is a win is a win, no matter how ugly. Actually, after the opening gaffe by the defense, you could tell Taneyhill and their o-line could not handle our defense.

 

I don't know what to say about Miami because you really have to stop one guy and they did not come close to doing that. With Eifert that does give another huge option. AD was a little off on accuracy in the first half, in the second half he was money. The throw to both Green with two defenders and LaFell on the deep out were a thing of beauty in the second half.

 

The 'fins are really bad.

 

I see 10-6 if people get and stay healthy.

I think they had 12 offensive possessions and scored 1 TD. That won't get it done against good teams.

 

The play calling is terrible.

 

But in the NFL...take a win any way you can get it and get ready for next week.

I think they had 12 offensive possessions and scored 1 TD. That won't get it done against good teams.

 

The play calling is terrible.

 

But in the NFL...take a win any way you can get it and get ready for next week.

 

The play calling is very similar to the same stuff we saw with Hue. Lets not forget during Hue's first year as the OC, he did a lot more of the I formation and 2 WR looks too, because of the injuries at WR that year. The new OC this year basically is dealing with the same thing in having only one good WR right now and no Eifert. Its hard to get to cute with what we have, and he is trying to develop a running game, which while not good. It has shown a little signs the last few weeks, and Hill is running much harder.

 

As I mentioned before I think once Eifert is healthy and they start getting more in a rhythm on things, the offense will look much better, which in turn will make the play calling look better.

I'd like to reiterate again how much I like the all-white uniforms. I normally find the Bengals uniforms to be an assault on good taste and proper vision, but these were nice. They should use them more often.

A win is a win is a win, no matter how ugly. Actually, after the opening gaffe by the defense, you could tell Taneyhill and their o-line could not handle our defense.

 

I don't know what to say about Miami because you really have to stop one guy and they did not come close to doing that. With Eifert that does give another huge option. AD was a little off on accuracy in the first half, in the second half he was money. The throw to both Green with two defenders and LaFell on the deep out were a thing of beauty in the second half.

 

The 'fins are really bad.

 

I see 10-6 if people get and stay healthy.

 

Completely agree, except I think they will get to 12 and 4.

 

I agree that besides the blown coverage on the long TD pass to start the game, the defense played great. I think Miami only had about 100 yards more the rest of the game after that play, and 50 of it came in the last 2 drives when Bengals went more prevent. I was very happy with the defense, and liked how they got Burfict back into things. On many of third and longs they took him out and had Vinny Rey and Dansby in who were both fresh for the third downs. Obviously Burfict eventually will be back to basically on the field for every day, however I liked how they did it last night.

I'd like to reiterate again how much I like the all-white uniforms. I normally find the Bengals uniforms to be an assault on good taste and proper vision, but these were nice. They should use them more often.

 

The Dolphins uniforms on the other hand....:puke:

You can't average under 3 yards a rush against a bad rush defense and expect to do much in the playoffs, or the AFC North. I'm not saying that you have to rush for over 100 yards/game, but to not have the option to enforce their will in the running game is frightening. Outside of the 1st quarter last Sunday, they haven't run well at all. Too much penetration. AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, stop trapping on the goal line and short yardage situations. The guards can't get to their blocks b/c they have to go around the mass of humanity.

The Dolphins uniforms on the other hand....:puke:

 

Truth. Apart from the helmet, they were basically the Buccaneers' old creamsicle unis.

The offensive line is a disaster. Almost all the pass plays are quick hitters to get the ball out of Dalton's hands fast because the line can't protect him. Every rush is a battle by the back to get to the line of scrimmage. I have never seen so much backfield penetration. The offensive line is terrible. The best runs last night was when the Bengals ran the unbalanced line and let the back go weakside away from the offensive linemen. That gave our backs space to do their thing. If they run that read option any more, Dalton is going to get hurt because our line can't block anyone. And for goodness sake, give up on running in the red zone. It is just a wasted play.

Personally I think the Marvin Jones factor is a little overblown. I am not discounting Jones and he would be significantly better than Boyd to date. Jones would not be putting up anywhere near the numbers he is in Detroit if he were still with the Bengals. The Bengals offensive problems are not because Boyd is here instead of Jones

Shout out to the @theguru! It was great to finally meet you in person.

 

What? You guys had never met? I would never have guessed that.

 

I am fairly certain that was the first time that we had. I haven't met more than maybe 4-5 members.

 

I heard that MJ, it was great to meet you too!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.