Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals 22 Dolphins 7

Featured Replies

Personally I think the Marvin Jones factor is a little overblown. I am not discounting Jones and he would be significantly better than Boyd to date. Jones would not be putting up anywhere near the numbers he is in Detroit if he were still with the Bengals. The Bengals offensive problems are not because Boyd is here instead of Jones

 

Lafell is more in the role that Marvin Jones would probably be in anyway. Right?

  • Replies 62
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Personally I think the Marvin Jones factor is a little overblown. I am not discounting Jones and he would be significantly better than Boyd to date. Jones would not be putting up anywhere near the numbers he is in Detroit if he were still with the Bengals. The Bengals offensive problems are not because Boyd is here instead of Jones

 

Totally disagree with you. Jones is putting up the type of numbers he is in Detroit because he is a #1 type receiver. Boyd and Lafell are not. The Bengals offense badly misses Jones.

Totally disagree with you. Jones is putting up the type of numbers he is in Detroit because he is a #1 type receiver. Boyd and Lafell are not. The Bengals offense badly misses Jones.

 

If Jones were here in Cincinnati for the first four games, what do you think his numbers would look like? Would they even be half as good as they are in Detroit?

If Jones were here in Cincinnati for the first four games, what do you think his numbers would look like? Would they even be half as good as they are in Detroit?

 

Considering half of what they are right now projects to almost exactly what he did in Cincy last season, I think it's a safe bet that they'd be at least that good, most likely better.

If Jones were here in Cincinnati for the first four games, what do you think his numbers would look like? Would they even be half as good as they are in Detroit?

 

Probably not because he would be sharing numbers with AJ. To say that Lafell or Boyd are just as good as options as Jones or that the Bengals don't miss Jones is complete wrong though IMO.

Probably not because he would be sharing numbers with AJ. To say that Lafell or Boyd are just as good as options as Jones or that the Bengals don't miss Jones is complete wrong though IMO.

 

Correct, Jones is much better than either Lafell or Boyd.

Probably not because he would be sharing numbers with AJ. To say that Lafell or Boyd are just as good as options as Jones or that the Bengals don't miss Jones is complete wrong though IMO.

 

I am not saying that about Jones. I am saying if Jones was here the Bengals offense would still be a mess. No doubt Jones would be better than LaFell and Boyd, but we would still have big problems with this offense.

I think that is the best case scenario and agree it is possible.

 

We were talking tonight about the impact Eifert is going to have, hopefully it is substantial.

 

It's gonna be yuuuge. The most substantial impact since the dinosaurs went extinct.

 

I'm holding off on the panic until Eifert is taking the majority of TE snaps, though he may be more valuable on the o-line at this point.

I am not saying that about Jones. I am saying if Jones was here the Bengals offense would still be a mess. No doubt Jones would be better than LaFell and Boyd, but we would still have big problems with this offense.

 

I think the offense would still be missing Eifert, but I think it would be improved over what we're seeing now.

Personally I think the Marvin Jones factor is a little overblown. I am not discounting Jones and he would be significantly better than Boyd to date. Jones would not be putting up anywhere near the numbers he is in Detroit if he were still with the Bengals. The Bengals offensive problems are not because Boyd is here instead of Jones

 

If Jones were here in Cincinnati for the first four games, what do you think his numbers would look like? Would they even be half as good as they are in Detroit?

 

Completely disagree on them not missing him. He is a #1 type receiver and he is proving that, and that is the reason why he left because he didn't get a chance to show how good he was here, since the Bengals had him as the #3 option behind Green and Eifert. So while he wouldn't be putting up 200 yard games here, he would be a guy that teams had to game plan more for or he would hurt them. Right now teams are eventually going to dare the Bengals to beat them throwing to Lafell. Plus Marvin Jones was able to make a lot of great contested catches too, I said it since the off season began, that he was better than most Bengal fans realized.

 

Not to mention Dalton's two best years as a QB, came in the 2 years that Marvin Jones played. In 2013 Dalton had a huge year, and Marvin Jones had over 10 TD's. He was very good in the red zone, and probably would be helping our red zone problems right now, especially with Eifert out. Then last year was the other year he played a full year, and Dalton was having an MVP type year.

 

Green is an elite type number 1 receiver like top 5 WR's in the NFL. Jones also is a number 1 type receiver, just not top 5 Elite. So anytime you lose that, it does hurt and it has so far.

Personally I think the Marvin Jones factor is a little overblown. I am not discounting Jones and he would be significantly better than Boyd to date. Jones would not be putting up anywhere near the numbers he is in Detroit if he were still with the Bengals. The Bengals offensive problems are not because Boyd is here instead of Jones

 

I am not saying that about Jones. I am saying if Jones was here the Bengals offense would still be a mess. No doubt Jones would be better than LaFell and Boyd, but we would still have big problems with this offense.

 

Yes and no. They would still miss Eifert, however Dalton would have another guy to throw to that he has chemistry with. Plus Marvin Jones was very good in the red zone, so that could have helped our Red Zone problems some, especially with Eifert out.

I think the offense would still be missing Eifert, but I think it would be improved over what we're seeing now.

 

Agreed.

Correct, Jones is much better than either Lafell or Boyd.

 

If Jones was going to leave, I am glad he went to Detroit instead of New England. He wouldn't put up the numbers he is putting up in Detroit. However that offense with Marvin Jones on the outside to go with everything else, would have been harder to stop than it already is. It would have been scary.

Correct, Jones is much better than either Lafell or Boyd.
How was Lafell percieved by NE fans? I never got the idea that they liked him very much up there.

I'm not sure why we are having the debate over Jones because I think we all pretty much agree on everything that has been stated - Jones is much better than LaFell and Boyd; Jones would not have the same numbers here he has in Detroit; the Bengals offense would still have problems even if Jones were here. I think the only debate is how much of a difference Jones would make in this offense if he were here. You guys think he would make a bigger difference than I do. That's the only difference of opinion I see.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.