Beer of the Month Clubs - Anyone Ever Given It a Try?

UKMustangFan

From a cursory glance they don't really seem worth it to me. A lot of money for beer that isn't sought after and some even has distro in KY.

The guy at work never got anything that we could get around here. However, he never got anything too special. He received it as a gift from a customer so it was a nice perk every month.

Honest question, are they legal in KY? I'm not positive you can legally ship alcohol to a KY address.

You can't.

Most have found ways around it though, and are able to do so.

Actually you can. I have wine shipped all the time.

It just has to be a reciprocal state for a business to ship it. Most websites will have a list that they can or can't ship to.

A individual person can ship alcohol to another individual person also. When I was in New Mexico the winery had a UPS this right there. You bought it from the store, packed it up, and shipped it to yourself.

Some businesses have gotten around the nonreciprocal part by shipping it from another location (like their home), but that seems illegal to me. Basically they sell it to you, then have it shipped 3rd party.

Anyone ever given a beer of the month club a try?

I'm thinking about doing one, but there's quite a few options out there and wanted to see if anyone had any experiences with them?

Personally, I track seasonal releases from Bell's, New Holland, Hopping Frog, Three Floyd's, etc. and go out and buy it at Liquor Barn when it comes out.

That keeps you trying new beers and rotating around. Most of them have facebook pages with release notifications of some type.

Personally, I track seasonal releases from Bell's, New Holland, Hopping Frog, Three Floyd's, etc. and go out and buy it at Liquor Barn when it comes out.

That keeps you trying new beers and rotating around. Most of them have facebook pages with release notifications of some type.

I've found a couple of accounts on twitter @mybeerbuzz & @beerstjournal that do a good job of informing you about new beer releases. Only drawback is it isn't geared to a particular area so somethings may not be available where you live.

Actually you can. I have wine shipped all the time.

It just has to be a reciprocal state for a business to ship it. Most websites will have a list that they can or can't ship to.

A individual person can ship alcohol to another individual person also. When I was in New Mexico the winery had a UPS this right there. You bought it from the store, packed it up, and shipped it to yourself.

Some businesses have gotten around the nonreciprocal part by shipping it from another location (like their home), but that seems illegal to me. Basically they sell it to you, then have it shipped 3rd party.

Is it just businesses that can do that? Only wine?

The guy at work never got anything that we could get around here. However, he never got anything too special. He received it as a gift from a customer so it was a nice perk every month.

Mine would be a birthday gift from someone. They asked me for ideas and this is something I've always thought about trying, but never wanted to commit the $$ to doing.