Jihadi Jane in Maysville....

maysvilleky

Have you all heard about the woman from Maysville arrested by the FBI for terroristic threats? Seems she has been communicating with ISIS...makes you wonder how many others are in small towns. I've seen here walking around town...one strange character.

Maysville woman arrested by FBI for threat, officials say | Local News - WLWT Home

I have always thought that, if these Islamic terrorists ever really understood America, we would start seeing attacks in small town USA and then the panic would really spread. As terrible as 9/11 was, we who live in small town USA (which is the majority of us here I would say) feel somewhat isolated from what happens in and around big cities like NYC, Chicago, etc., and we might tend to think we are safer. But, if bombs start going off or terrorists start shooting people in Morehead, KY, Eden, NC, Popular Bluff, MO, Stuart, VA...then we don't feel isolated any more and many people would actually start to feel terrorized the likes of which they haven't felt before.

Now, this woman in Maysville might be mentally unstable, I don't know, but obviously the situation was serious enough that the FBI took her down. The idea that terrorists might be making inroads like this, down to this level is a very disturbing thought and if this isn't an indicator that we need to do more with protecting our boarders, thoroughly screening people who come into this country, and taking the fight to the terrorists before they can get here, then I'm not sure what is.

Now, this woman in Maysville might be mentally unstable, I don't know, but obviously the situation was serious enough that the FBI took her down. The idea that terrorists might be making inroads like this, down to this level is a very disturbing thought and if this isn't an indicator that we need to do more with protecting our boarders, thoroughly screening people who come into this country, and taking the fight to the terrorists before they can get here, then I'm not sure what is.

While I don't disagree, protecting borders, thorough screening, etc. might not matter in this case if the person is seeking information/making contacts online. In fact, it could be that online communication that brought the FBI to Maysville in the first place.

I have always thought that, if these Islamic terrorists ever really understood America, we would start seeing attacks in small town USA and then the panic would really spread. As terrible as 9/11 was, we who live in small town USA (which is the majority of us here I would say) feel somewhat isolated from what happens in and around big cities like NYC, Chicago, etc., and we might tend to think we are safer. But, if bombs start going off or terrorists start shooting people in Morehead, KY, Eden, NC, Popular Bluff, MO, Stuart, VA...then we don't feel isolated any more and many people would actually start to feel terrorized the likes of which they haven't felt before.

I've said the same thing for years, go to a small town and blow up a handful of Kroger or Walmarts...bomb a dozen random McDonald's or Wendy's and panic would be much more wide spread than attacking a major city.

While I don't disagree, protecting borders, thorough screening, etc. might not matter in this case if the person is seeking information/making contacts online. In fact, it could be that online communication that brought the FBI to Maysville in the first place.

True, but I guess that would also be a part of "doing more". As soon as someone is found trying to make contact with these animals and plan something, drop the hammer on them.

Heard she posted that three must die ASAP. Hope MaysvilleKY or myself was not on that list.

If your name was on her list, the FBI would already have contacted you because they have already informed those persons. This story began when the woman, who converted to Muslim faith while her husband was employed in Egypt, started ranting about how the U.S. is not fair to Muslims after her divorce. A former Marine, who was a neighbor, heard her making threatening statements about the U.S. and called the FBI in 2015. The whole thing became possibly sinister when the woman caller and her three children burned to death in a fire at their home in October 2015. Fire started in an enclosed porch. Maybe it was a horrible coincidence. Maybe that and her online contacts on Ummaland were what brought the FBI after Castelli. I found this online at a Mad World News , WKYT and ABC.

If your name was on her list, the FBI would already have contacted you because they have already informed those persons. This story began when the woman, who converted to Muslim faith while her husband was employed in Egypt, started ranting about how the U.S. is not fair to Muslims after her divorce. A former Marine, who was a neighbor, heard her making threatening statements about the U.S. and called the FBI in 2015. The whole thing became possibly sinister when the woman caller and her three children burned to death in a fire at their home in October 2015. Fire started in an enclosed porch. Maybe it was a horrible coincidence. Maybe that and her online contacts on Ummaland were what brought the FBI after Castelli. I found this online at a Mad World News , WKYT and ABC.

If they can link her to that fire, they should show no mercy on her and serve a quick and lethal sentence.

Sumo...I think we are safe. I don't see her as a basketball junkie like we are! :thumb: