Is the Scott County loss to Elder a Moral Victory?

theguru

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott County just took a team from the vaunted GCL South down to the wire. The kids on this year's team either played in or watched last year's convincing loss to Elder. I'm sure, once the sting of this loss wears off, they'll feel alright about how they performed against one of Ohio's big boys.

Most of the time, I don't believe in"moral victories", but there are positives to take away from this game for the Cardinals.

Moral victory....not sure there is such a thing. Learning experience, yes. Anytime you can hang with a team like Elder then you chalk that up to learning you can play with anyone. You may not come out on top but you are going to make a game of it and have a chance at the end.

There are no Moral victories. Scott could have won. Have to finish the deal. I do like what someone said earlier about learning experience. They have definitely amped up the schedule and I say the WR learning what it is like to watch and knowing he could have been a huge help may be even bigger than the close score.

For those that say there are no such thing as "moral victories", to that I say CRAP. There absolutely are moral victories. Now, with that said, this isn't one of them. Scott County, a large 6A school who is and considers themselves one of the preeminent programs in the state right now SHOULD expect to be able to beat a team like this.

Now, had this been a smaller school, maybe a 2A team like say a Newport Central Catholic who realistically on paper shouldn't be able to compete with Elder, then I say yes, moral victory. But not for Scott County, their moral victory days are over.