Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MBA 23 Trinity 21

Featured Replies

  • Replies 88
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First off, my hats of to MBA...they played HUGE in the second half, totally different team after the break.

 

I feel Trinity gave this one away..again, I dont want to take away from MBA's performance, I just feel Trinity ran out of gas late, especially defensively. Offense was lathargic at times, but understandable, this is Cov's first game back, its going to take time.

 

I did see a lot of good from the Rocks, the defense was downright nasty in the first half. If we learn to close the deal, there may be some echo's of past trinity d's ringing this year. A lot of speed on the front line...

 

And I'll close by saying this, Trinity has gone on to win the state championship the last two times they've lost to MBA...so lets hope history repeats itself

 

Congrats to MBA...great fans, school, community. You guys represent yourself with a TON of class, and I hope we get to play each other for many years to come.

What can you say. Poor offensive performance early, poor defensive performance late. Credit to MBA for hanging in there and fighting when it looked pretty grim for them tossing an int. on the Trinity 28 down 21-10. Trinity scores then, it would have been lights out (no pun intended). But MBA showed why they are a class program and hunkered down and came back to win.

Lots of work to do and a short week to get it done. Well, last year the Rocks opened with a loss to MBA and that worked out OK.:thumb:

 

 

Well put LSU.

 

How about #75 from MBA...wow :eek: :eek:

 

I really like #5 (Phillips) for Trinity...kid has some spunk. (BTW Peprock...I did check one more time and he isn't related to Vince) ;):p :lol: :lol:

 

 

How many passes did Kyle Flynn get thrown his way?

In post #30...I see the likeness of TD, Deuce, and Rockmom

Shocked by this one. Anxious to see where 4EVER has the Rocks ranked nationally this week.

 

On a serious note, I think one great asset for Trinity this year is going to be the kicking game. 46.7 yards per punt is nothing to sneeze at. Also looks like the Trinity D was successful at getting into the backfield and stuffing the run pretty well.

 

The staff will have lots to look at and I'm sure they'll be ready to go later this year.

 

 

I still love this team and we shall see how the season ends! This Team was Ranked anywhere from 16th to the 26th in the NATION, not 1st.:thumb:

 

MBA is a great program, great fans and a class act! by the way, what team do you pull for?:sssh:

Trinity will be fine...heck one year they were 0-4 and still came out great....

In post #30...I see the likeness of TD, Deuce, and Rockmom

 

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

 

You're right!!! PepRock is in there too!!

 

BTW, you never came down...:madman:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

 

You're right!!! PepRock is in there too!!

 

BTW, you never came down...:madman:

 

:sssh: :sssh: :sssh: :sssh: :sssh: :sssh: :sssh:

 

Don't! You'll give away my oh so secret identity! :lol: :lol:

I had a great time and hope my T friends don't blame me for the loss.

:sssh: :sssh: :sssh: :sssh: :sssh: :sssh: :sssh:

 

Don't! You'll give away my oh so secret identity! :lol: :lol:

The secret is safe with me.....

I had a great time and hope my T friends don't blame me for the loss.

 

 

Well now that you mention it... :D

I was really impressed with MBA's starting QB. Throws a great ball, very mobile, very poised. I just hope he isn't done for the season.

 

As for Trinity, I don't know why they didn't give the ball to #5 more. He opened up the game with a huge run. I thought they relied on the pass a little too much and it didn't help that Petrino threw 3 picks.

 

My hats go off to MBA's coaches for thier playing calling at the end of the game. The first few plays when the back up came in were great calls. I also liked the call and was totally surprised when Trinity threw the out pattern with 6 seconds left to set up the field goal attempt. Great game to watch!

Congrats to MBA... and many kudos to the 2nd string QB that came in and guided them to a win. Any word on the #1 guy? Plenty for Trinity to work on this week and as the story has read several times in the past, get better every week, and peak at the right time. Hot weather games are fun... cold weather games count. MBA... fan support was awesome! Schools just a few miles away don't bring a third of the fans you all did!

I was really impressed with MBA's starting QB. Throws a great ball, very mobile, very poised. I just hope he isn't done for the season.

 

As for Trinity, I don't know why they didn't give the ball to #5 more. He opened up the game with a huge run. I thought they relied on the pass a little too much and it didn't help that Petrino threw 3 picks.

 

My hats go off to MBA's coaches for thier playing calling at the end of the game. The first few plays when the back up came in were great calls. I also liked the call and was totally surprised when Trinity threw the out pattern with 6 seconds left to set up the field goal attempt. Great game to watch!

 

I agree. Trinity was out-coached the 2nd half. MBA made great adjustments at half-time. We did not.

For what it's worth, first, MBA has a very good team. More than anything else that was the reason for the loss. It was a good game to get the team and the coaches ready for the rest of the season. I was very pleased with Phillips at running back. I think that before the season is over, this will be the best Trinity defense in several years. The coaches will fix the holesin the pass defense. The QB and receivers are not on the same page yet. It was taking too long for Petrino to find his receivers. That will get better as the season progresses. Bring on the Crimsons.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.