Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MBA 23 Trinity 21

Featured Replies

As for Trinity, I don't know why they didn't give the ball to #5 more. He opened up the game with a huge run. I thought they relied on the pass a little too much and it didn't help that Petrino threw 3 picks.

Tim's not a horse that we can currently ride for 25 - 30 touches. We would have liked to have been in the position for him to control the clock the rest of the way. MBA did a great job adjusting to his lateral speed, and at 5'5" 140 lbs., he doesn't possess the tackle to tackle power to dominate....I liked the play calling in general....I think that some work needs to be done to ensure that Nick doesn't get locked in on Flynn...

  • Replies 88
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Trinity's defense is on the small side and will have trouble stopping the run this year.

I disagree 100% the runs that MBA got late in the game, were due to over pursit by our backers and ends. Great calls, though I felt they were obvious. Our defense will actually be very, very good this year. Even in a loss, I feel much more confident about our defense than I did before the game.

1 - Conditioning. I think this was evident from midway through the 3rd quarter. Thank God, that we only have to face that kind of depth or conditioning twice more this year (X, and the playoffs). We should have that fixed, no worries.

2 - Decision Making. I put this across the board. From Nick's progressions with his receivers, to WHEN he should pull it down and go. We also had some suspect assignments on defense. Personally on the four yard line, I send the heat, to pressure a bad throw, or turnover. When the starting QB goes down, I keep everyone at home, and make the new guy beat you with his arm, instead of calling the same plays constantly, and having them work against us. Lastly, that second fourth down, I personally would've rolled the dice and made them beat us, which they did, but it likely would've given us more clock if we didn't succeed initially.

 

*All in all there was a lot to be pleased with coming out of this game. Do you want to go undefeated, etc? Sure, but you learn so very much more from a loss than a victory, at least most of the time.

It's just my observation. It looked like the d-line was getting blown off the ball and MBA was running right up the middle.Then again maybe the MBA o-line is that good? Big and fast beats small and fast every time.

Truly? Your must not have been watching closely. MBA was actually zone blocking us, and the RB was taking his lanes according to where our guys were going, that's why the draw plays worked so effectively, they are blocked and run just like passing plays. While, in the first half MBA tried to run out of the I-set, and it was not working whatsoever.

They felt that maybe Mike should consider starting Deuce ahead of Vic. I wouldn't put too much stock into what fans say.

I have heard this from many, MANY people.

Our kicker is for real. I was told he has kicked some from 60+ yards in practice. Too bad practice does not count. ;)

Practice certainly doesn't, but to those that doubt watch him and Zlaton at halftime, they will not disappoint...and 60 yards with a three step kick, is in Ryan's realm....

 

He had the distance, but he pulled it pretty bad, and let his foot come around a bit too much. A valiant one, but un-successful nonetheless.

I was talking about this guy last week after the Lex Cath. scrimmage. Very impressive.

 

The MBA game, he pulled it a little, but it had the distance. During halftime he was drilling them from 55 with room to spare. A big kid with a very strong leg on him.

 

All kickoffs were in the endzone. And he averaged 47 yards on 6 punts this last game.

 

Have you guys noticed his height on kickoffs and punts, impressive.

 

Trinity does not punt a lot but I guess it's good for you guys to have him when you need him.

 

A true weapon when you look at the stats....46.5 on the punt...which is nice, but he is averaging getting the ball OFF in about 1.3 - 1.5 seconds, which is great, add to that his 4.5 - 5.0 seconds of hang time, and that negates a lot of return yards, let alone his ZERO return yards on 4 kickoffs.

Practice certainly doesn't, but to those that doubt watch him and Zlaton at halftime, they will not disappoint...and 60 yards with a three step kick, is in Ryan's realm....

 

He had the distance, but he pulled it pretty bad, and let his foot come around a bit too much. A valiant one, but un-successful nonetheless.

 

 

Not to mention the pressure of making it and winning, and missing it and losing, and it was his first FG attempt of the year, maybe he swung his leg a little to fast with the excitement, would like to see him rekick that one.

With all the discussion about the defense, has the move been made yet to play Robey and Spoelker both ways on the OL and DL, plus the Duttons playing both ways as WR and DB...or is this move being saved for the X game?

The Duttons didn't play both ways, but Robey and Spoelker got some spot time on defense....we really didn't need them until late, and by then, we got ourselves out of position more than anything else.

Tim's not a horse that we can currently ride for 25 - 30 touches. We would have liked to have been in the position for him to control the clock the rest of the way. MBA did a great job adjusting to his lateral speed, and at 5'5" 140 lbs., he doesn't possess the tackle to tackle power to dominate......

 

I, for one will apologize to Mr. Phillips because I thought T would struggle running the ball but he showed explosiveness. I wouldn't doubt Mr Petrino for long. Rumor has it that he has a nagging groin injury that limited him slightly. He'll bounce back in the weeks to come.

With all the discussion about the defense, has the move been made yet to play Robey and Spoelker both ways on the OL and DL, plus the Duttons playing both ways as WR and DB...or is this move being saved for the X game?

There was some confusion as to the Duttons because there are two #2s on the team. The other is a safety.

Not to worry about stopping the inside run; but if someone thinks that is the way to beat us, so be it. One simple adjustment on the d-line blows the 1 back set (up the middle anyway). I will never doubt anyone on Coach Beattys' staff ever again. They will get it right. Keep the fire burning Rock Nation!

The other #2 is Eric Payne.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.