Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How Many NFL Players Will Take Knees During the Anthem This Week?

Featured Replies

Right after 2 Philly Officers were murdered and multiple shot in an anti-police shooting rampage.

 

Stunningly stupid of the Eagles.

 

It is Philly, people are not too smart there.

  • Replies 391
  • Views 36.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is Philly, people are not too smart there.

 

I lived in and around Philly for nearly 10 years. Two of my children were born in Philly. I beg to differ. So would the Ivy League folks at the University of Penn, and other presitigous institutions like Swarthmore, Drexel, St Josephs, Villanova, ets.

I thought Jordan Sparks did an outstanding job on the National Anthem before the Vikings - Packers game tonight.

I lived in and around Philly for nearly 10 years. Two of my children were born in Philly. I beg to differ. So would the Ivy League folks at the University of Penn, and other presitigous institutions like Swarthmore, Drexel, St Josephs, Villanova, ets.

 

Just a jab at Philly. Of course there are some very smart people there.

They have a right not to stand. We have a right to not like that they don't.

 

What bothers me most is that we equate standing with respect and silently no standing with respect. That's often not the truth of the situation.

 

How do you get that remaining seated silently during our National Anthem and not facing the flag is being respectful? Anyone with physical capabilities should be standing.

Could there be more than one problem? 1) Criminals killing cops. 2) Some incidents of cops using excessive force, sometimes resulting in deaths?

 

Common sense would conclude there are two different types of lawlessness here. And both should be charged.

My Vietnam veteran dad supports their right. He says that he did not fight so that people are forced to stand. He fought for freedom.

 

Thank you for you Dad's service. That was a huge sacrifice. He can never be thanked enough.

I guess a new question can be how many played high.

'I played stoned': Some NFL players love getting high before kickoff | Fox News

 

Maybe this is why the NFL started testing players immediately following the game. Josh Norman was not happy.

 

Washington Redskins cornerback Josh Norman upset after taking mandatory drug test

 

LANDOVER, Md. -- Washington Redskins corner Josh Norman already had reason to be upset after a 27-23 loss to the Dallas Cowboys.

 

But he added another reason to his list: a drug test following the game.

 

Norman opened his interview session with the media by complaining about a mandatory drug test that needed to be completed shortly thereafter.

 

Before turning to address the media, Norman stared into his locker, sighed several times and talked with a team employee twice. Norman then turned around to face the media, and before taking any questions, he let his feelings on the testing be known.

 

"How the NFL has us drug tested right after the game, I don't understand that. I really don't," Norman said. "It's crazy. Don't have anything left in the tank and they want you drug tested? I don't understand it."

 

The NFL conducts random drug tests year-round, and every player will be tested at least once. Norman said this is the first time the NFL has conducted tests after the game.

 

"I don't get it, I really don't," Norman said. "What's a day gonna do? It's stupid."

 

The NFL's drug testing policy states that "specimen collections occurring at a club facility, stadium or scouting combine venue will be conducted at the discretion of the Medical Advisor and Collection Vendor without advance notice to the player."

 

Players have three hours to comply with the request, according to the policy.

 

Shortly after he was done with the interview, though, a still-upset Norman went to take the drug test. During the game, Norman caused one fumble and was switched to covering Dez Bryant in the fourth quarter -- one game after the Redskins were criticized for not having Norman shadow Pittsburgh's Antonio Brown.

Maybe Norman took something he wasnt supposed to take. His reaction was weird.

How do you get that remaining seated silently during our National Anthem and not facing the flag is being respectful? Anyone with physical capabilities should be standing.

How do you equate someone standing while texting, or chomping their gum, or hands in their back pockets while the roll their eyes and look around with respect?

 

I don't really consider those that sit as respecting the flag, but if they are silent and not doing anything else, then to me, they aren't disrespecting the flag.

As has probably already been mentioned, there's a lot more disrespect shown by people standing in the stadium than by those kneeling. Just an observation having attended about eleventy billion games over the years.

I've not witnessed this mass disrespect that you all have at sporting events during national anthems.

 

I went to the world 100 dirt late model race a couple weeks ago and you could hear a pin drop right before the beginning of the national anthem.

I can only assume that we attend different events. I've never been to a dirt late model race, for example.

I can only assume that we attend different events. I've never been to a dirt late model race, for example.

 

Ive been to high school football, basketball, college football, basketball, NFL, MLB, NHL games, nascar races, dirt track races, etc. I guess it's possible some people were disrespectfulat at some point but nothing stands out in my memory.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.