Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How Many NFL Players Will Take Knees During the Anthem This Week?

Featured Replies

A lot of todays youngsters and probably their parents wouldn't know what hit them^:lol2:

 

To know him was to love him and respect him.

  • Replies 391
  • Views 36.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like protests during the anthem is starting to take off. I've seen multiple protests this weekend and I imagine more NFL players will join in tomorrow.

Looks like protests during the anthem is starting to take off. I've seen multiple protests this weekend and I imagine more NFL players will join in tomorrow.

 

I think it's almost lost its appeal now. When Kapernick did it, everyone got upset. A few more did it with ire. Now, it's so common place, I think most people don't care. It's more of a copy cat now and I am not sure people are paying attention. Not getting the national headlines it once was.

 

Or maybe the police shootings have just taken over the headlines.

Just caught a few min of 2 games today , I thought I saw a lot of empties at Cincy and Miami -- but the bengals game was during halftime but the mid section ( green seats ?) looked vacant as heck . Maybe the folks were grabbing some shade , it was hot in the sun today .

Working Security Thurs night with our college softball team , will see for myself .

Just caught a few min of 2 games today , I thought I saw a lot of empties at Cincy and Miami -- but the bengals game was during halftime but the mid section ( green seats ?) looked vacant as heck . Maybe the folks were grabbing some shade , it was hot in the sun today .

 

Bengals sold out. I often see those seats empty. May be inside.

 

Miami doesn't seem to sell out very often.

I think the two shootings added to this.

From working some Bengals games last year it astounding the number of people setting in the lower bowl between the 20's - high dollar seats - that come in the second quarter and leave in the third , or wait 20-25-30 min during the game for a hot dog. People are nuts .

I think it's almost lost its appeal now. When Kapernick did it, everyone got upset. A few more did it with ire. Now, it's so common place, I think most people don't care. It's more of a copy cat now and I am not sure people are paying attention. Not getting the national headlines it once was.

 

Or maybe the police shootings have just taken over the headlines.

 

I think the police shootings and distance from 9/11 has added more people. Seems like there are quite a few college students taking knees. I think there was a large amount doing so at UNC's football game.

Looks like protests during the anthem is starting to take off. I've seen multiple protests this weekend and I imagine more NFL players will join in tomorrow.

 

Just read about NFL game TV ratings, NBC down 12%, ESPN down 12%, and CBS down 5% compared to same time period in 2015. Is it down due to viewers boycotting because athletes are taking a knee or remaining seated and it's thought to be disrespectful to country? Or is there another reason?

Just read about NFL game TV ratings, NBC down 12%, ESPN down 12%, and CBS down 5% compared to same time period in 2015. Is it down due to viewers boycotting because athletes are taking a knee or remaining seated and it's thought to be disrespectful to country? Or is there another reason?

 

Redzone Channel.

Just read about NFL game TV ratings, NBC down 12%, ESPN down 12%, and CBS down 5% compared to same time period in 2015. Is it down due to viewers boycotting because athletes are taking a knee or remaining seated and it's thought to be disrespectful to country? Or is there another reason?

 

I could be wrong but I doubt it has anything to do with the kneeling. I don't know of anyone who has always taken the time to watch a game refusing to watch anymore because of Kaepernick. All of the people saying they will never watch the NFL again weren't watching the NFL all of that much in the first place. If anything modern technology has more to do with it than anything else. You can watch games from your phone, iPad, tablet, computer, etc. I haven't watched much this year at all but that is because of work or other obligations. I'll be watching tonight though. I can't wait for that game. I could be wrong though and ratings could be down because of knees but I doubt it. I can't imagine there were that many casual fans watching the NFL. The hardcore, faithful NFL fans aren't going to quit watching.

 

 

And yeah, RedZone Channel may have a lot to do with that also.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.