Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How Many NFL Players Will Take Knees During the Anthem This Week?

Featured Replies

That was the post I read immediately before i responded.

 

Im not sure why you're taking an issue with two words in my post.

 

The meaning behind my post stands. I haven't seen "a lot more disrespect" by those standing in crowds. Maybe I just get lucky every time I go to an event.

 

Yeah, you're just getting lucky.

  • Replies 391
  • Views 36.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear people saying that they are boycotting the league.

 

I find it instructive that the tipping point isn't players that sucker-punch their wives or beat up their girlfriends or bully their teammates or whip their children.

 

But let a few players exercise their Constitutional right of free speech in a NON-violent way? That's too much.

 

Astounding.

I hear people saying that they are boycotting the league.

 

I find it instructive that the tipping point isn't players that sucker-punch their wives or beat up their girlfriends or bully their teammates or whip their children.

 

But let a few players exercise their Constitutional right of free speech in a NON-violent way? That's too much.

 

Astounding.

 

I heard some comments on a Sports Talk Show yesterday that NFL viewership, or maybe attendance is down, and they were attributing it to the kneeling protest.

I hear people saying that they are boycotting the league.

 

I find it instructive that the tipping point isn't players that sucker-punch their wives or beat up their girlfriends or bully their teammates or whip their children.

 

But let a few players exercise their Constitutional right of free speech in a NON-violent way? That's too much.

 

Astounding.

 

It's the respect thing, not the right to do it.

It's the respect thing, not the right to do it.

 

Does that respect extend to women?

Does that respect extend to women?

 

The respect thing is for all, everyone should respect the flag.

 

I don't respect anyone who don't.

 

It's not about the freedom of speech, I'm glad we got it.

 

But what they do IMO is disrespectful.

I hear people saying that they are boycotting the league.

 

I find it instructive that the tipping point isn't players that sucker-punch their wives or beat up their girlfriends or bully their teammates or whip their children.

 

But let a few players exercise their Constitutional right of free speech in a NON-violent way? That's too much.

 

Astounding.

 

I think that the tipping point is that the league supports the players decision to "disrespect" the National Anthem.

 

I would argue that the league and teams has suspended and/or fined the aforementioned players - The league has certainly not supported those actions.

 

Why does the NFL feel compelled to go through the ritual of playing the National Anthem if they are going allow (and support the decision of) their players to disrespect it?

 

Either it's important or it's not.

 

If folks don't want to support the NFL by not watching/spending - I have no problem with that.

I think that the tipping point is that the league supports the players decision to "disrespect" the National Anthem.

 

I would argue that the league and teams has suspended and/or fined the aforementioned players - The league has certainly not supported those actions.

 

Why does the NFL feel compelled to go through the ritual of playing the National Anthem if they are going allow (and support the decision of) their players to disrespect it?

 

Either it's important or it's not.

 

If folks don't want to support the NFL by not watching/spending - I have no problem with that.

 

First bolded - I wondered if someone would bring that up, and it's a fair point. What I would ask is this - did we watch prior to the NFL taking action?

 

Second bolded - agree a hundred percent. Spend time with your kids, make a difference.

Another theory on the decline of prime-time ratings. Not sure who is right, just a messenger.

 

Monday night ratings down, again | ProFootballTalk

 

That's because they play crap games on Monday Night Football now. Where are the Sunday Night Football rankings? They normally have the best matchups of the week.

I do not like the disrespect you've just cast on my person. And no it is not ok to have your "Opinion" and it's your right. There is a definite flag etiquette. Where is Principal Seavers when I need him?

 

A lot of todays youngsters and probably their parents wouldn't know what hit them^:lol2:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.